00 ; prologue

hannah pov ;

the first thing i saw when got home from school was a box sitting outside my apartment door. confused, i picked it up, balancing my bag on top as i found my keys and carried it inside. i kicked my foot back to close the door behind me and was greeted by an angry 'meow' coming from below. sitting the box on my dining room table, i bent down to pat the ginger cat who pressed against my leg, looking for some much-wanted attention.

"it's nice to see you too max." i said, giving in to his needy requests.

i picked him up despite his protests and sat him on the table as i opened the package, completely forgetting what i had ordered. after cutting the tape and opening the cardboard flaps, inside sat a nintendo switch and a game called animal crossing, both of which i had ordered a few weeks ago. i had given in and gotten them both after watching a few lets-plays on youtube, knowing i just had to play.

i decided to play it for the first time on a live stream, quickly setting up the switch and my camera. i had a small following of about 2k on twitch, which was more than i had ever expected to get, considering the fact that i streamed as more of a hobby than a 'job' like so many others. although, i had gotten into the habit of posting clips on youtube whenever i particularly liked a stream or just wanted to kill some time. i managed to reach around 5k subscribers over there, which was a fun little bonus.

i streamed that afternoon for about 2 hours, gaining 300 viewers or so as i had fun messing around. most of the time my chat made fun of me for not knowing anything about animal crossing and i played along, knowing it would be a funny bit.

"stop bullying me! how was i supposed to know the bees would sting me?"

i laughed at the stupidity and had so much fun with the stream that i decided to make it into a youtube video, clipping together the best parts into a 15-minute video that i thought ended up pretty funny.

a couple of days after posting, i checked up on it, expecting to see a few hundred views. instead, i discovered that it had reached over 50k! i had never expected to get that sort of attention on one of my videos before, so watching as my previous uploads gained in views as well, made me feel very grateful, some going from 1k views to almost 10k. my subscriber count was also growing, reaching 50k by the end of the week as my animal crossing video continued to gain in popularity, reaching 100k over the next few days as i continued to receive a lot of attention.

it had been about a week and the video had reached almost 500k views and all my platforms were increasing at a rapid pace. i decided that i wanted to do something on stream, as a thank you and a chance to properly introduce myself. after some contemplating, i figured that i would use a facecam, wanting to do a 'get-to-know-me' and a 'face reveal' stream, all in one.

nerves quickly turned into excitement as i went live, eagerly waiting for people to join and the stream to begin.