the miracle .28

"yes..." nini softly said, followed with a happy chuckle. she threw herself into ricky's arms and the both of them laughed with glee.

"nini.. you know im serious, right?"

"i'm serious too," nini said as she looked at ricky's eyes. she gave him an innocent smile before giving him a soft kiss on the lips, "you're the only person i'd ever wanna spend the rest of my life with."

ricky felt his heart warm up and he squeezed nini's hand into his, "you're the only one i wanna spend my life with too."

nini have ricky a smile and admired him. she put her hand up to his hair and gave him a soft smile. ricky saw as nini's eyes started to get glossy and her breaths started to shorten.

"you okay angel?"

"yes.." nini answered with a pure smile, "i really love you ricky..."

"i love you too, nini," ricky softly said back to her. nini's eyes started to water and she quickly wiped them away.

"can you help me up?" she asked and struggled to get out of bed. ricky quickly got up and came to her side. "i wanna sit in front of the window so we can look at the stars before bed."

"oh okay! sure," ricky happily said. he lifted nini to her arms and looked at her with love. "you're so perfect, you know that?"

"mmm.. i could say the same for you," nini cooed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. before ricky put nini down on the couch, he grabbed a white rose from the bouquet and gave it to her. "awh....thank you."

ricky's cheeks turned red and he carried nini to the couch that was facing the window. once he placed nini down, he wrapped her up with a blanket.

"sit with me," nini softly said as she patted the couch next to her. ricky made his way next to nini and she gently laid her head on his shoulders. "can you see our stars?"

"uh... no not really," ricky confessed as he tried his best to figure out which ones were theirs. nini grabbed ricky's hand and pointed right at the stars in front of them.

"the brightest and biggest stars right next to the moon..." nini explained. ricky put one eye down and squinted till he finally saw it. nini turned her head to look up at ricky, as if she was trying to remember every single moment as well.

"ooo.. i see it now," ricky simply said with a laugh, "i picked out some pretty good stars, huh?"

"they're perfect," nini said with a smile as she started to play with the white flower in her hands. ricky turned to look at nini and saw how tired she was starting to get. "thank you for naming it after me.."

"i know how much it means to you... and you know, now we could always talk to each other whenever we want," ricky said in an innocent voice. nini chuckled and felt her eyes start to get watery.

"ricky... do you remember what was number one on my bucket list?"

"mm.. to witness a miracle?" ricky asked. nini nodded her head and smiled at the boy.

"thanks for helping me achieve it..."

"what do you mean... how did i do anything?"

"it's you..." nini told ricky. she intertwined their fingers together and smiled, "you've really changed into this wonderful... loving person. i never would of thought that i would love you, ricky bowen."

"i don't think im special enough to be a miracle."

"you are to me," was all nini said before she looked out the window again. the girl closed her eyes and rested her against the coach. "hey...do you think you can get me some water?"

"yeah of course," ricky said and got up from the couch. before he stepped away, nini grabbed his arm and pulled him down so that his face was close to hers.

"i love you, ricky."

"i know... i love you too, nini," ricky said with a loving smile, "I'll be back soon, okay?"

"okay," nini softly said before slowly letting go of ricky's arm. the boy finally stepped away and out of the room. he made his way to the cafeteria and got nini and him some water.

when ricky was walking back to the room, he felt his heart start to be faster and faster. something didn't feel right. the boy started to quicken his pace and made his way into nini's room. as soon as ricky walked into the room, his heart stopped. the water cups that were once in his hands, dropped to the floor - spilling everywhere.

the white rose that was once in nini's hand was laying on the floor.