without you .21

ricky walked up to nini's porch and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. the boy was taken aback to see nini's dad standing in front of him. ricky cleared his throat and wiped his sweaty palms on his pants, "oh uh... mr. roberts.. i thought you'd be at the chapel right now."

"im heading over there right now," mr. roberts said in a stern voice, "what are you doing here mr. bowen?"

"i was wondering if i could speak to nini.." ricky softly said and looked to the floor.

"she doesn't wanna talk to you right now, ricky," her dad said and sighed, "or anyone really..."

ricky felt the guilt eating him up and let out a deep sigh, "sir.. please. it was a long time ago, before i even got to know nini. i love her so much now and you know i would never actually do those thing to her."

"ricky-"

"mr. roberts.. i can't imagine my life without her," ricky confessed as he started to tear up, "please just let me talk to her."

"ricky, i'm being as honest as i can right now. nini does not wanna talk to anyone, alright?"

"i'm not just anyone though, okay?" ricky breathed out, "i know the sounds egotistical, but it's me. okay? i just gotta see her. it's been days and i just - i haven't heard from her. she hasn't been posting her bible verse or anything. i'm worried. please."

"she's in her room," mr. roberts said and moved to the side so ricky could come in. ricky happily wiped the tears from his eyes and pulled mr. roberts into a hug.

"thank you.. thank you so much."

"ricky i'm not doing this for your sake," mr. roberts said in a stern voice, "i'm doing this because i know nini needs it, but if you keep hurting my daughter - just know you are going to regret it."

"i understand.." ricky softly answered before mr. roberts made his way out of the house. ricky took a deep breath as he stared at the stairs ahead of him. the boy climbed his way upstairs and knocked on nini's door.

"dad, i said i'm fine," ricky heard nini cry through the door, "please just go to the chapel. i'll be fine."

ricky pushed the door open and saw nini sitting on the floor with her back leaned against her bed. she looked up from her legs and her eyes widened as she saw the curly headed boy standing at her doorway, "what are you doing here?" nini asked in a cold voice.

"your dad let me in..." ricky softly said with a side smile, but all nini did was stare at him with cold eyes. the girl groaned and rolled her eyes in annoyance. ricky's never seen nini like this. her hair was a mess, skin pale, bags under her eyes, and the light in her was gone.

"get.out.now," nini said in a stern voice. ricky was shocked by nini's attitude, but he understood every single reason for it. he hurt her - so many times and the whole world knew.

"no nini.. we gotta talk," ricky said and closed the door behind him, "its been days-"

"ricky, i don't care!" nini yelled, getting up from the floor, "i wan't you out of here! get out of my room!"

"no."

"RICKY! GET OUT!" nini suddenly yelled as she cried even more. ricky flinched at the loudness of nini's voice, but stood his ground.

"nini... we need to talk."

"OH MY GOD! DON'T YOU GET IT?! I DON'T WANNA TALK TO YOU," nini screamed at the top of her lungs as she got in ricky's face. the boy looked at her eyes. they were bloodshot red and baggy. "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!"