the start .01

"well, well, well look who finally decided to show up," ej cooed as ricky got out of his car

"well, well, well look who finally decided to show up," ej cooed as ricky got out of his car. ricky let out a light chuckle and greeted all of his friends. they were at a lake. well a lake that was completely off limits and on private property, but ricky didn't care. carlos handed ricky a beer bottle and they all talked while they waited for the new kid, tommy, to show up.

"you think he chickened out or what?" gina asked as she took a sip of her beer.

"he better be coming or i'm gonna beat the crap out of him," ej stated and wrapped his arm around gina. everly came up to ricky with a small smirk on her face.

"hey ricky.. you looked good at the dance today," she softly said and planted a hand on ricky's chest. right on time, tommy pulled up in his car. ricky looked away from everly and didn't say another word.

"hey man! glad you could make it, but next time be on time," ej spat once tommy finally got out of the car. ricky rolled his eyes and put his hands on tommys shoulders, pushing him past the fence.

"don't mind ej, he just got some anger issues," ricky joked which made ej roll his eyes. the six teenagers made their way to the lake with their beer bottles in their hands.

"you sure this is safe right?" tommy said in an uneasy voice as him and ricky climbed up the cliff. ricky laughed and nodded his head.

"i've done this a thousand times, we'll be fine," ricky told tommy. the two boys looked down at their friends who were cheering them on from the bottom. both of the boys stripped down to their boxers, getting ready to jump.

"alright on the count of three," ricky said to tommy, who anxiously nodded his head, "one...two...three!"

ricky acted like he was gonna jump off the ledge, but as soon as tommy jumped - ricky stayed back. he laughed as hard as he can while tommy screamed at the top of his lungs as he jumped. tommy finally hit the water. the five friends laughed and joked until they realized something was wrong.

"RICKY! RICKY! HE'S NOT MOVING!" everly screamed. ricky looked down the cliff and saw tommy's body floating in the water.

"shit shit shit shit," ricky muttered to himself while he climbed down the cliff as fast he can.

"get his body! help him!" carlos commanded. ricky jumped into the water and swam as fast as he could to tommy.

"oh my god... oh my god," gina cried in panic.

"FUCK! FUCK!" ej yelled in frustration. they all helped ricky bring tommy's body to land.

"hey! hey! wake up man! come on tommy!" ricky said and tried to wake tommy up as best as he could.

"WHO'S BACK THERE?" they all heard someone call out. the five of them all glanced at each other in panic.

"we gotta go!" carlos yelled. carlos was the first to run to his car. ej and gina glanced at ricky, but shook their heads.