chemistry .15

"hey everly," ej called out as he came up to her in the hallway. everly gave ej an annoyed look and rolled her eyes, "woah? what the hell is your problem?"

"nothing ej, can you just leave me alone!" everly spat and made her towards her locker.

carlos came up to them and saw how mad everly was, "so what are you mad about now?"

"i'm not mad!" everly yelled and slammed her locker as hard as she could. ej and carlos took a step back and looked at everly with shock. everly took a deep breath and sighed, "sorry... just stuff with ricky."

"what now?" carlos asked.

"did you guys see what he got nini last night?" everly spat and rolled her eyes, "god, it's like he likes her or something."

"uhh," ej started to say while everly and carlos raised an eyebrow at him.

"what?"

"ricky told me that he does like her," ej confesses. carlos and everly's jaw dropped to the floors as he continued, "he even told me that the kiss in the play was real. he was never supposed to kiss her."

"i fucking knew it," everly muttered under her breath.

"god, that nini girl is fucking ruining everything," carlos whined. ej and everly nodded their heads agreeing.

"i wanna get back at her," everly breathed out and looked to the side. she thought to herself for a moment before her eyes lit up, "come on!"

"what? what's the idea?" ej asked but everly was already dragging the two boys to the computer lab.

"just come on!" everly exclaimed with excitement in her voice.

+

nini was by herself, walking through the halls until everly came up next to her, "nini, hey! how are you?"

"oh uhm.. hi everly," nini said with a soft and awkward voice, "i'm okay, how are you?"

"im great, so anyways! you did amazing in the play," everly cooed and gave nini a fake smile, "seems like you and ricky had some real... chemistry up there."

nini's cheeks turned red and she looked to the floor, "oh uh.. yeah. just acting though."

"mhm," everly muttered, "well, i just wanted to let you know that there are no hard feelings. ricky and i are totally over."

"oh well.. that's nice, but ricky and i aren't a thing," nini replied with a smile, "we're just friends."

"hmm.." everly simply said with a cocky smile, "you know, if you wore better clothes and put on makeup — you'd be kinda pretty."

"oh," nini awkwardly said and gave everly a forced smile.

"hey, where's gina?"

"oh, she's in a dance meeting right now.."

"oh cool!" everly exclaimed and pulled nini into the cafeteria, "wanna sit with us at lunch?"

"oh, i don't kno–"

"cool! follow me," everly exclaimed, cutting nini off. she pulled nini into the cafeteria and as nini walked in, she felt everyone's eyes on her.

nini looked around and saw everyone staring at their phones, laughing as hard as they could. they were all looking at nini as their laughs echoed the rooms.

"uh.. what's going on?"

"oh, you don't know?" everly asked nini with a smile. the girl showed her phone to nini and revealed an inappropriate photoshopped picture of nini, "isn't this you?"