19. Oh, Baby, Baby

Start from the beginning

"I'm not too sure." Jungkook's voice was filled with concern. "I've never raised one before so I wouldn't know."

"Neither have I and I don't wanna start now!" The older admitted as he crossed his arms watching the wailing baby. "This is your job. I ain't taking care of him."

The shrieking has gotten more overbearing for them to listen any longer. The volume was vast than the child himself. They covered their ears and wrinkled their nose in irritation.

"Ugh, this is horrible." Jungkook groaned. "This is why I love dogs better."

The entrance bell chimed, indicating someone joining them in their torment. They shifted their heads to see an already pissed off Taehyung going in for work.

Taehyung snapped once he walked inside and said, "What the fuck is that no—" He saw the source of the screeching before lifting his eyebrow up in wonder. He walked around to the entrance of the counter. He settled his bag down and asked, "Why is there a child here?"

"My cousin!" Jungkook yelled over the sound with hands still protecting his ears. "I have to take care of him."

"Why don't you care for him then?!"

"We don't know what he wants." Jimin reasoned. "How do you turn him off?"

The prince stared hastily at the squirming baby in the car seat and was about to touch him until Jungkook smacked his hand away. Taehyung winced at the slight sting and looked angrily at the culprit.

"Don't touch it. Its mother might not want it back." Jungkook spoke out.

"That's for animals, you rat!" Taehyung argued back and he shook his head at the stupid boys. "You guys are annoying, I swear to God..."

"You try keeping his mouth shut then!" Jimin retorted.

Oh, but they didn't know. They really didn't know...

Taehyung rolled his eyes before his attention directed towards the car seat. He unbuckled and cradled the little one into his arms before he bounced him ever so lightly. He delicately patted on his small back as he made soft shushing noises.

Eventually, the noise died down which surprised the two inexperienced boys by the magic that happened before them. The baby was still squeamish as he rubbed his tiny fists into his face.

"Does he have milk? How old is he?" Taehyung raised his head up to find the dumbfounded Imuwaians.

"Shit, I don't know. Six, maybe eight, maybe a year old." Jungkook didn't give a clear answer.

Taehyung groaned at how uncooperative they were. He roamed his eyes around the area until he spotted the large baby bag beside the car seat. With one hand, he unzipped and rummaged through the bag until he saw a baby bottle.

He grabbed the bottle and walked away to heat it up in the microwave in the back room. The other two followed behind, curious to see what the prince was doing.

Once the bottle was heated, Taehyung checked the temperature, throwing the milk onto his forearm. When it was right, the prince put the bottle nipple into his small mouth, successfully fed the baby.

The tiny human sucked for milk in joy as his eyes grew heavily once more. Taehyung rocked him while giving the bottle and hummed a random tune to keep peace.

"How the fu—heck did you do that?" Jimin questioned as he was in utter awe.

The Imuwa boys couldn't process the fact that Taehyung, the arrogant, superficial, rude prince, had the ability to take care of a child. The way he handled the situation was superb, he knew what the baby wanted, he knew how to hold him, he knew how to calm him down.