Chapter 27: Mission: Failed

Kiibo awoke. He felt... nervous. He was going to confess to Kokichi today; maybe. He still wasn't completely sure if he wanted to take that action, so he'd go with whatever life threw at him. He got ready at his usual place; slow.

Kokichi left his house, feeling happy. He wasn't exactly excited that he had to go to school, he'd rather hang out with his friends all day, but his day had grown more tolerable, since Shuichi wasn't always staring at him anymore. Plus, the teachers went a little easier on him. He still had to worry about people like Kaito and Gonta, but Kiibo and Maki were keeping him safe. Kokichi wondered what Shuichi was doing.

Soon enough, he arrived, and was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he forgot to wait for Maki and Kiibo. He entered the building, and sat down at his seat in class.

Kiibo arrived, and greeted Kokichi after sitting down in his seat. "Good morning, Kokichi."  Kokichi looked up at Kiibo. "M-Morning." Kokichi answered. "Kokichi, you look a bit tired... are you getting enough rest?" Kiibo asked. Kokichi nodded. "I think so... you w-worry about me a lot, h-huh Kiibo?" Kokichi said, smiling warmly at him. Kiibo wasn't sure how to respond to that. Kokichi giggled. "B-Boop." Kokichi poked Kiibo's nose playfully.

Kiibo felt his cheeks warm again, the now familiar feeling of 'love' return. "W-Why do you keep doing that...." Kiibo stammered. "This love thing is strange... I never stutter." Kokichi obviously noticed the blush and stutter. Kokichi laughed softly. "M-Mostly because you don't t-tell me not to... by the w-way, you're b-blushing again. D-do you have a fever? C-can you get a fever...?" Kokichi asked. "I'm... not blushing." Kiibo denied, lowering his hat to hide it. The teacher walked in. "Oh, w-we should stop t-talking now." Kokichi said. Kiibo nodded. "Yes, let's...." He was glad that the teacher had walked in.

As Kokichi worked, he thought about Kiibo. "Kiibo... he's been blushing a lot lately. I haven't seen him blush with anyone else. And that stutter...! He never stutters, no matter what's going on. Is he ok?" Kokichi turned the page in his notebook to write more notes.

Eventually lunch came around, and Kokichi went to his usual place. Kiibo headed up there as well. "Hi, Kokichi." Kiibo greeted. "H-Hi, Kiibo." Kokichi replied. Kiibo sat down. "What did you get for lunch?" Kiibo asked. "I g-got some rice." Kokichi answered. "Make small talk. It'd be awkward to just spring it on him..." Kiibo told himself. "H-Hey, Kiibo?" Kokichi asked. Kiibo looked up. "Yes?" Kiibo asked. "You s-seem spacey.... " Kokichi said. "Look who's worried now." Kiibo wore a slight smile. Kiibo noticed that Kokichi hadn't opened his bento yet. "Hey, you should eat that before the period ends. Food is important for humans." Kiibo said.

Kokichi smiled slightly. Kiibo realized that they were getting closer and closer. "Kokichi... I l-" Kiibo was caught off guard by the bell. Kokichi seemed to realize what he had been doing, and quickly got up. "Oh, w-we should head back...! I'll h-have to eat this l-later." Kokichi said, blushing slightly. Kokichi quickly gathered his things and left. Kiibo watched him go, and sighed. "I guess I should go back to class, too...."

《________End of Chapter 27________》

Words: 568

[Sorry it's so short. I did some heavy rewriting for it, and it left it pretty tiny. The next chapter will be longer, though! I won't have to rewrite most of it. Thank you for reading, vote if you enjoyed.]