forty-five !

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

     you stared at the blank screen of your phone with wide eyes, your mind momentarily shutting down as you recalled reiner's message again and again. your throat was dry and your heart wouldn't stop pounding like a drum in a band.

     no matter how many times you inhaled and exhaled, the anxiety from learning pock's number kept your nerves buzzing and wouldn't disappear.

     hands shaking, you opened up your phone again and tried to settle comfortably on your bed. tried to, at least. you twist and turn, trying to find a position before settling in sitting up and propping your back up at headboard, your blanket covering your lower half.

     you copied the number given, left the app, and contemplated for a few minutes.

     what would you even text him?

     should you tell him who you are? and ask him how he is?

     no... there's a chance he won't immediately reply. worse, he'd block you instead for violating his privacy and no longer come back.

     just the thought of it made your heart drop to the bottomless pit of your stomach, clawing at the organ with sharp nails of dread and panic.

     shaking your head, you blinked at your phone before taking a deep breath.

     you couldn't wait anymore. you couldn't just sit and let his number grow old in your phone when you could've done something.

     with your heart thundering against your chest and echoing throughout your dark room, you pasted the number and rang the number.

     pressing your phone against your ear, you gripped your blanket tight. the shade of your knuckles changed, though you could barely notice it. the silent ringing of the phone matched with the beat of your heart.

     two seconds... six seconds of ringing...

     your breath hitched and your shoulders tensed up, the other person on the call finally answering you after a few seconds of anxious waiting.

     "miss y/n? is something the matter?" came a tired voice from the other line, their deep voice coming out shaky and guttaral.

     your jaw dropped, confusion etched across your face. how did they know your name?

     your face scrunched up, the person in the other line calling for you yet again. removing your phone from your ear, you checked the number to see if it was correct, but what you saw more made you gasp.

     instead of a number, p. galliard was flashing across the screen.