"But you didn't jump," Ivar reminded him in a calm tone, "The gods pushed you."

"Don't take it away from me," Hvitserk argued with his brother, causing Ivar to laugh, "I wasn't pushed. I decided to do it."

"And I think you still regret it," Ivar pointed out, leaning closer to Hvitserk.

"I have no regrets," Hvitserk complained, gradually beginning to smile, "Except I don't have any children."

As if on cue, both sons of Ragnar's eyes seemed to wander off to Freya, who stood from afar. Immediately after, they looked back at each other, not bothering to bring up that at the thought of having children, their mind wandered to Freya.

"But then again, Ivar, you and me are in the same boat, huh?" Hvitserk teased Ivar, referring to the fact that his brother couldn't have children.

"Nonsense," Ivar argued as he shook his head, "I will have children. And the mother of my children will be Freya. Our children will populate the earth."

"Yeah, sure," Hvitserk replied, beginning to laugh at his brother in amusement.

Hatefully glaring at Hvitserk, Ivar pressed a blade against Hvitserk's throat, causing the older son of Ragnar to do everything within his power to remain still.

"Ivar," Freya ended up warning Ivar as she walked over to the brother duo, "Ivar! Let him go."

Ivar smiled slightly, rolling his eyes as he pulled his knife away from Hvitserk's throat solely because Freya asked him to.

Hvitserk turned to Freya, giving her a thankful look. However, with that, she walked away without another word said.

"I'm anxious about the battle. I am sorry," Ivar told his brother, but it was clear he was only saying that since Freya was still close enough to hear them and he was intent on remaining in her good graces.

"You're sorry?" Hvitserk asked, a part of him looking surprised by Ivar's words.

"I am sorry you jumped ship," Ivar corrected himself, smiling as he leaned closer to Hvitserk, "It was a mistake. I know you have regretted it ever since. After all, you did it for no other reason than to be with Freya, didn't you? But she does not want to be with you so you regret it. You regret that it is far too late to return Ubbe now because he won't take you back. Isn't that true, huh, poor Hvitserk?"

"Maybe sometimes," Hvitserk replied, briefly glancing over at Freya, whose back was facing them.

"Maybe sometimes," Ivar repeated after him as he let out a loud scoff, "I thought that perhaps you jumped ship because you loved me. But of course, you didn't. You didn't love me, you loved Freya. How could you ever love me?"

Hvitserk's lips parted and he avoided eye contact with Ivar, a part of him looking shameful.

  Freya yelled out, blood covering her face as she brutally killed any man in her path without emotion. None seemed able to touch her, causing the smallest of smiles to form on her lips.

She suddenly turned, freezing in place at the sight of who stood in front of her, covered in blood. Her mother.

Freya was fourteen at the time, standing outside with a sword in her hand. Her mother stood near her, holding a weapon as well. They had been sparring when Freya brought up what would happen if everyone was right and she turned mad, just like her father and grandfather.

Ylva had sighed at Freya's words, grabbing ahold of Freya's hand as she looked down at her daughter. "No matter who you are or what you become, I will always be there for you. I will always protect you, always love you, no matter what," She explained and Freya smiled up at her mother.