VIII. Evil Lives On

Stefan bolts up, making me frown

Stefan bolts up, making me frown. "Hey, you okay?" I ask, sitting up. He looks over to me wide-eyed and i frown. "Hey..."

"Yeah, uh, yeah, I'm okay." He nods, "Nightmare." He dismisses. I nod slowly, frowning. "No really, it was a nightmare." He assures.

"Okay." I sigh, "Uh, I need to help Damon and Enzo with something today, is that alright?" I ask.

He smiles, nodding. "Yeah, i need to talk to Caroline today and i don't think you really want to come." He laughs. I nod, smiling. "I'll give you a ride to the house."

—————————

I walk into the Salvatore house, shoving the door shut behind me, "The prettier twins' here." I call out.

"Hey!" Damon calls out.

"Have you talked to Elena?" I ask, walking closer to him and Enzo, he shakes his head, his phone starting to ring.

He pulls it out, frowning, "Speak of the devil." He huffs, he ignores the call, shoving his phone back in his pocket. I give him a shocked look and he rolls his eyes. "Don't give me that look." I raise my hands in surrender.

"Damon one, Tempation zero." He hums. Enzo's phone rings, the three of us looking to see Caroline's name.

"Temptation one, Enzo-" He sighs, answering the phone, Damon and i inwardly groaning. "Hello, gorgeous."

'Can you tell Damon that there's something going on with Elena and Stefan? Oh, and if you see Alina, don't say anything.' My face falls, the worst thoughts coming to mind. 'Stefan doesn't want her to worry.'

"Too late." Enzo frowns, putting the phone on speaker and setting it on the pool table.

"What?" Damon huffs.

"Well, you know how we all laughed off the notion that the universe is drawing Stefan and Elena together because Alina and Stefan are together?" Caroline says with an awkward laugh.

"Yeah..."

"Well, it's happening." My heart drops at Carolines words.

"What's happening?" I snap.

I hear Caroline suck in a breath, "That's what you meant by too late..." She frowns. "Uh, now that Stefan's doppelhim-"

"Tom?" Damon and I question with a frown.

"Tom, yes." She sighs. "Now that Tom is dead, Stefan's the only male doppelganger, and Elena no longer has one, Stefan's caught in the middle, which might explain why Stefan and Elena are suddenly having vision-type situations of each other." She explains. My jaw clenches, my hands digging into the pool table.

"Wait, what kind of visions?" Damon asks.

"Hey, hey, the pool table isn't trying to get you boyfriend and sister together." Enzo tells me, moving my hands off the now slightly broken pool table.