~46~

"Yes! Here! Here!" Conner screamed as he got up from his chair in a hurried way

"Cris, stop. You look like a maniac..." I said standing up and grabbing his hand to stop all his sudden movements. "Yes, I'm here."

"Please come with me. Let's get a good look at that hand," He said turning around looking down at the board he had in his hands

"Okay," I sighted grabbing Cris's hand and following the doctor.

"I'm sorry for the wait. I heard there was a scandal, " the doctor said in amusement as he looked up from the board to look at us.

I looked back at Cris with a full blush all over my body, waiting for the earth to swallow me whole and forget me there.

Yet Cris looked unfaced and unembarrassed, with a cold look on his face while he crossed his hands over his chest looking at the doctor.

Shameless bastard!

Noticing that he wasn't going to say or even feel sorry for his actions I cut the silence between us by facing the good doctor.

"I'm so sorry about that...desperate times," I said smiling up at him acting as kind as I can be for the both of us.

"I know that saying. Desperate times call for desperate measures..." He said nodding his head as he looked back at Cris then at me " well no worries now. It worked. I'm Dr. Jenkins and don't worry you are in good hands."

Never knew a doctor who praises himself yet it was comforting in some weird way.

"Yes, it did," I said nodding back at him as we entered what looks like to be an office with a nurse bed in the corner of the room.

"Please sit there, " Dr. Jenkins said as he pointed at the bed "and you can sit in one of those chairs." He then turned to Cris and pointed at the two chairs that stood in front of a miny desk.

"I'm fine," Cris said dryly staying beside me, leaning on the bed.

"Well, that's okay too. I will be taking your pressure and will be listening to your heart," Dr. Jenkins said pulling the rolling chair until he was sitting in front of me, unwrapping the stethoscope from his neck. 

"Please, inhale slowly... now exhale," Dr. Jenkins said setting the metallic bell of the stethoscope on my bare chest creating goosebumps on my skin from the sudden cold.

"Could there be something wrong with her?" Cris asked with a serious and cold voice yet looking confused and worried at the same time.  

"No, everything is alright," The doctor responded shaking his head while wrapping his tool around his neck again.

"Then why are you listening to her heartbeat when you should be looking at her hand?"

Even though Cris was acting like the complete jerk he was, the doctor never appeared faced by this or even offended by the tone or the act of macho man Cris was demonstrating