chapter one ─ "Welcome back baby sis!"

⋆·☆·⋆

chapter one - "Welcome back baby sis!"

⋆·☆·⋆

Athena sat in the bed as the nurse took her final vitals as her mom continued to pack her stuff and her dad was filling out her release forms

"Are you sure you want to go home so soon? I mean what if you stayed another week?" Maya Check asked looking up from the duffle bag.

"Mom for the last time I'm more than ready to go home. Besides if I stay here another day I'll go nuts...no offends," She said looking up at the nurse taking her blood pressure, "None takin,"

Her mother sighed before going back to packing as silence filled the room the tv being the only sound.

The nurse took the pressure cuff off and started to write something down. "What's taking your father so long?" She complained.

Athena shrugged her shoulders, knowing patients wasn't her mother's strongest trait.

"There was an escaped patient earlier so everyone is mostly focused on finding her." The nurses said as Athena stood up and went to the bathroom to make sure she didn't forget anything. "See Thena that's the main reason we had you tidied you down and had someone watch you sleep."

This quickly made her roll her eye's before looking at herself in the mirror. A couple more hours until she can go out.

"Yes mother, I know."

The nurse cleared her throat at the awkwardness that came from her statement. "Okay, well, I'll got fill this into your file and hopefully you'll be leaving soon." She said as Athen leaned against the door frame. "I hope I don't have to see you again. But than again it was a pleasure Athena, Mrs. Check." She said smiling at the two before walking out.

Maya's fake smile fell as she groaned before going back to packing. Athena walked over to the bed to check her phone.

"Okay," Zane Check announced walking into the room. "We are ready to go, I already have Lola getting the car but we're ready when you are." He said looking at his youngest daughter who just pointed towards her mom.