Tear stains

The ambulances loud sirens wailed through the air and their lights casting shadows on everything. The road was being blocked by all the police cars, cars were at a stand still. All eager to find out what's happening. I was standing in the road in a ditch, holding Katie, watching it all happen. Kate's tears stained my shirt sleeve. The police officer walked over towards us. He took a deep breath before giving the harsh news, "Your dad, Katie, is gone". She let out a loud wail, followed by a waterfall of tears.

Katie walked into homeroom wearing all black, everything except her shoes which were red. "Hey" I said softly as she sat in her seat. She nodded, showing that she is acknowledging me. "How are you" I sigh. "Not great, I don't want to eat, sleep, just wanna stay home and mop" she wiped her eyes.

Her father died at exactly 6:09 p.m. He was jogging on the side of the road, then a car lost control and hit him. The police claims he died on the spot. Ever since that Sunday evening, Katie has never been the same. She refuses to eat, sleep, have fun. Nothing. That night was prom night, her dress was ripped from running across the street to find her father lying dead on the road. She had tripped in her heels and just started to crawl towards him.

Mrs. Brady leaned over to Katie's ear, "I understand that your father had passed and that you are sad and the principle and i both talked about it. We agreed that you need some time away from school to grieve in silence". Katie nodded and put her head down on her wooden desk. "I can call your mom, if you like" Mrs.Brady stroked Katie's hair. "Don't bother" Katie sighed, "my mom is at work". I knew my friend better than anyone else and I knew when she just wanted to be left alone. This was one of those times.

😑😱😭

I hadn't heard from Katie in a few days, so I decided to go over and see her, you k ow check on her.

I opened the door and called out, "Katie". No answer. My heart began to race, "katie" I called louder. I ran upstairs and went through rooms. Her mom was at work so I knew she wasn't there to help. I went to Kate's room and there was a note taped to her closet, it read :

Dear friends and family,

The past few days have been very difficult. I miss my father very much and everyday that I stayed home, the more and more I wanted to be with him. There for I went to be with him.

Love you, Katie

I opened the closet and found Katie's dead body, her neck hanging by a rope, her body stone cold. I fell to the floor sobbing.