chapter4

I held my close to my chest as I walked to my next class. Art. When I got there I realised that I was twenty minutes late. I hate when I'm late for class because everyone stares at me. I opened the door to the art room and the teacher, Miss Barnes stops teaching and looks at me. Why are you late, Miss Rogers?" i ooked round at the eyes burning a hole into me" I-I..." till someone cut me off " her fat ass was probably eating somewhere "

Everybody started laughing and tears started forming in my eyes it wasn't the fact of what that that person said that hurt me but the fact that people thought it was funny in the first place . Even Miss Barnes was trying to hide her laughter. I walked out of the classroom slamming the door behind me and walked down the hall until I was out of the school. When I got to the front door Smoke was sitting there smoking He turned and looked at me then he licked his lips and turned back around. I sat on the steps next to him and stared at him while he smoked. He turned and looked at me once again. " Can I try some?"
He looked at me like I was crazy and then he started laughing." Nah Ma... You ain't in the right state of mind don't act like i didn't see you crying before you sat down don't smoke because you running from shit do it because you want to alright?"i nodded and a pout started to form on my lips he shook his head looking forward " that pouting shit don't work on me i got a son that do the same shit "
I was gonna ask about his son but i didn't wanna seem nosey "Now, Why were you crying when you came out here."I shrugged my shoulders."Don't lie to me, Ma. I hate it when people lie.
I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I'm just tired of people. Talking shit about me"he put his blunt down on the steps and looked at me " my mom used to say if you cry over what people say about you must think its true to " i looked down at my feet " look up your to pretty to look down let the ugly bitches do that" i laughed and shook my head he smiled at me " see made you smile i like you better like that but I'm as hungry as hell now. I'm about to go to Burger King, You coming? I don't do school food makes my stomach hurt "

I nodded my head and followed him to his car.