Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

She walked to the edge of the hatch and paused as members of the STRIKE team jumped off all around her. She took a deep breath and stepped her feet off. She felt the wind catch her. The air was cold against her skin. The wind caused her hair to whip wildly around her face despite the fact that she had pulled it back for the mission. She checked her monitor again, waiting for the perfect moment to open the cute.

When she did, she prepared for her body to be pulled back momentarily. After that, she began her slow decline onto the deck of the ship. However, panic arose in her when she noticed Steve fighting some of the pirates. While still in the air she pulled her gun out and aimed it at one of them. She couldn't shoot while she was in the air, but she wanted to be ready as soon as her feet hit the ground. As soon as she did, Rumlow shot the pirate down seconds before Catherine landed.

"Thanks." Steve told him.

"Yeah. You seemed pretty helpless without me." Rumlow told him with an expression.

"Nat, secure the engine room." Steve told Natasha and turned to look at Catherine. "Can you handle getting the hostages to safety?"

"I can do that." She told him.

"Good. Be careful, Cat." Steve said before running to apprehend more of the pirates."

"Always am!" She called after him and walked towards a door that lead inside of the ship. The hostages were being held inside of the galley according to their reports.

"Need any help?" Rumlow asked as she got to the door.

Catherine turned to look at him. "It's cute of you to assume that I can't handle a few pirates, but thank you for your offer."

"Cute?" He chuckled. "Agent Catherine Stark thinks I'm cute. I don't know whether to be offended or honored."

"Oh, Brock. I think you're more than cute." She flirted with him one last time before withdrawing her sidearm and walking inside.

She walked slowly and quietly through the empty hallways, but kept her guard up. At any point someone could jump out and attempt to kill her and she wanted to be prepared. She wasn't far from the galley when she encountered her first pirate. She assumed he was there to guard the entrance of the galley. Luckily, he had his back turned to her. She stalked behind slowly and at the last minute, she jumped up and wrapped her arm around his throat.

"Go to sleep! Go to sleep!" She said through gritted teeth as he fought against her. Once he did, she laid him on the ground and handcuffed him before advancing towards the galley.

She placed a glove hand against the door of the galley and opened it slowly. The first thing she saw was the crew of the ship against one side of the room. The next thing she saw was one of mercenaries running at her. He fired a shot at her and she kicked his gun away. She felt someone grab her from behind and she attempted to fight him off. She fought to reach down to her belt and retrieve one of her stunners.

When her hand wrapped around it, she jabbed it blindly in the man holding onto her. He screamed out in pain and he released her. She jammed it into his neck over and over until he hit the ground in a state of unconsciousness. The last guy came towards her again. She scrambled to get her gun but it was out of arms reach. It had flown out of her hand during the altercation. He threw a punch her way and she somehow caught it with her hand.

She twisted his arm and he grunted from the pressure. She turned slightly and kicked behind his legs causing him to fall and hit his head. She handcuffed the two individuals and reached down to grab her gun and holster it.

She huffed. "Well, that was easy."

"Catherine?" She heard Steve's voice through the coms. "Did you get the hostages?"