c h a p t e r 19- just the typical day

Start from the beginning

'Don't you act surprised, young lady. FIRST, you just left the fair without a word, nearly giving us all a heart attack when we hear rumours of 'oh Alyssa was raped' and  Hunter being in legit HOSPITAL. And then...oooo don't even get me started on what happened next. THEN, we text you on the group chat and you don't even reply. So feel free to tell us what happened, would you?'

I blinked at her, shocked with her rant and quickly whipped out my phone. Sure enough, there were about 100+ messages from our group chat, the latest one saying 'I hope you like lilies for your funeral bitch'.

'Fuck. I'm so sorry guys- last night was so hectic I literally forgot to tell you guys. I'm really sorry.' I pleaded at them- it was true I had completely forgotten but I still felt a bit shit about it.

'It's fine,' Willow smiled at me, hugging me with one of her arms. I looked at Lyra, giving her my best puppy eyes. She sighed, 'Of course. But you have to tell us what happened.'

I laughed, punching her lightly on the shoulder, 'Right. Well, when I went of with Cole at the start, I may have...you know, kissed him,' I grinned as Willow and Lyra both let out small screams, earning glances from other students around the room. Slapping my hand over their mouths, I spoke fast, 'Before you say anything, let me finish, yeah?'

They both nodded, eyes wide and eager as I continued, 'Yeah so that happened. And that's when it started to go downhill. Long story short, Hunter couldn't take no for an answer, I sprained my hand tryna get him of me, Cole beat him up and then Jared dragged us away. So, obviously, I was shitting myself because I thought he'd be mad- I thought all my brothers would be. But they were actually more pissed of at Hunter. So, yeah. Oh, and um well at the end of the night Cole may have come into my room. And he may have pinned me against the wall. And he may have kissed me again.'

I blushed, covering my cheeks with my hands as I tried to gauge their reactions. Willow was smiling in a way that a mum who had found her daughter had her first boyfriend would whereas Lyra was practically bursting with excitement.

'Okay, firstly, fuck Hunter. But thank god you and Cole got together. Man, I can already imagine your babies.' Lyra gushed as me and Willow stared at her in amusement.

'Who's having babies?' A voice asked from behind, Xavier coming to sit beside us.

'No! No babies. Just Lyra overreacting.'

'Yeah because she KISSED Cole.'

'Exactly. Kissed.'

'Babies come soon after, everyone knows that.'

I gave up, resting my head on Willow's shoulder as Xavier sat there with a confused expression. Lyra soon launched into the explanation of what happened to me, Xavier only inputting with laughter when he heard how I'd sprained my hand punching Hunter. I sulked in the corner; I was never going to live that down.

I tuned back in at the mention of holiday plans. Thankfully, we were nearing the summer which meant that school was finally coming to an end, the teachers putting on movies instead of lessons and everyone becoming way more relaxed. I didn't know what my plans were, although I had heard Jordan talking about some annual trip to Hawaii that they go on every year with the family.

The starting bell rang, ending our conversations and making us pay attention to the lesson at hand, only managing to talk in whispers throughout the rest of the class. The rest of the day went quickly, my avoiding of Cole going successfully. Well, more like me running away from him whenever I caught a glimpse of his head. I had seen the look in his eyes this morning and, to be completely honest, if I saw him, I don't know if I would be able to resist the urge to kiss him. Whenever I saw him it was like my eyes had a fucking magnet to his lips or something.

Sprinting to Dylan's car with the knowledge that he leaves literally a minute after the bell rings- hence neither Jordan or my Cole would make it in that time- I scrambled into the front seat, panting. Dylan glanced at me, a slightly concerned look on his face, 'You good, little sis?'

'Yeah, yeah. Just drive, please?' I asked, sinking in my seat as I watched the swarms of students flood out the front doors. Dylan grunted, 'Alright but you're telling me what this is about after.'

I rolled my eyes, not taking his threat seriously. It wasn't until we arrived back at the house and I tried to leave the car did I realise that Dylan had actually meant what he said. God, I hated whoever had created child lock.

I turned back to him, raising my eyebrows, 'I don't even have anything to tell you.'

'Sure, you don't.' Dylan crossed his arms intimidatingly, doubt clear in his voice. I stared at him; frustration laced in my expression. He stared back, shrugging nonchalantly, 'Keep staring. I could stay in here all day.' He gave me one last smirk before placing his feet on the dashboard in front of him, closing his eyes as he leaned back on the headrest.

I groaned in frustration- it was obvious that Dylan was stubborn enough to stay here the rest of the night or until someone came and got us. Weighing my options, I decided to tell the truth. Well, a slightly altered version of the truth.

'Fine...' I sighed, watching with anger as Dylan smiled and opened his eyes, 'The truth is I have a crush on someone. And I really wanted to avoid them because...well because I just did. You know how it is to have a crush. Well, actually, you probably don't. But that's all it was so you can let me leave now.' I waited in suspense for Dylan's reaction. To my surprise, he looked quite calm which only made me more suspicious- no way could he actually be chill about this.

'Eh. Okay. Who is it though? You know, so I can keep an eye on this kid. Or just make me leave the school.' I huffed at his answer. Of course, that was his reply.

'I'm not telling you his name! Please let me out. Please, please, please,' I begged him, using my best pouting face. Dylan rolled his eyes, shielding my face from his vision with his hands, 'Don't use that annoying face! Whatever, just leave.' I smiled evilly, hopping out the car and running away.

'I will find out who!' He called after me, my laughter echoing through the garage. Nope I thought to myself They are so never finding out. 

Hellooo everyone! First of all, I just want to apologize for my shitty uploading recently- I've been kinda unmotivated lately for some reason and have just had a lot going on but I'm back and I'm gonna try uploading more regularly now! Anyways, I have a few cool ideas for the next couple chapters and maybe some different POVs as well :))) As usual, a big thank you to all the kind comments and everyone voting or just adding to their reading lists, it's so cool but weird every time it happens ahahah. I hope you liked this chapter, it's more of just a builder for other ones. Thank you again, love you and hope you have an amazing day!! <3