13

George's POV

Blood trickled out of my mouth, but I barely noticed. 

He knows, he knows, he knows.

"I've..." My voice sounded gross with the blood in my mouth, but I couldn't have cared less in the situation I was in.

"I've never fallen in love with anyone," I began hesitantly. Except for you, I wanted to desperately say.

"Cut the bullcrap, George", Dream said seriously. "Tell me. Do you love me?"

I didn't think twice, and closed my eyes with immense force. I could feel a tear roll down my cheek, but I paid it no attention. Here was the one person I wanted, the one person I longed for, and the one person who would soon lead to my death. But he was giving me a chance. Or so I hoped.

"Yes", I said, the word slipping out before I intended to. "I love you, Dream."

Dream didn't look surprised, so I blurted out my whole side of the story without a second thought. He deserved to know.

I started from when I had passed out, to discovering I had Hanahaki, to the present. Dream sat on the cold marble floor of the bathroom and listened to every word that poured from my mouth. At one point I had nearly hyperventilated from the lack of oxygen I was getting, but Dream performed deep breaths alongside me, encouraging a sense of tranquility within me. When I had finished verbalizing my experience, we sat in silence. The silence was almost soothing, and I finally felt at peace, knowing that Dream knew what I had felt for him.

A flow of dread rushed inside me, as my heart beat faster. Wait, this is the part when Dream tells me whether he returns my feelings or not

Dream sensed that it was his turn to speak. 

He looked at me directly in the eyes, with such determination that I would have been intimidated had he not been sitting on the floor in a slouched position across from me. He searched within my face, looking for something that I was unsure of.

Tell me. Tell me, Dream. Do you love me too?