2

Dream's POV

George was not saying anything at all, and suddenly, a loud cough rang through my headset. My brows furrowed together with confusion, and I realized that it was George that had coughed. What if he had the coronavirus? I wondered. Why is he coughing suddenly?

Sapnap seemed to notice and loudly asked, "George, you okay?"

George didn't reply, and he seemed to go silent. The voice call had gone silent, and everyone still in it listened for George.

"I'm okay, th-" George's voice was gruff, as if he hadn't consumed water in years. Suddenly, a loud thud followed by a series of barks -- most likely George's dog -- sounded.

"What the HECK is going on?" I said, panicked. "Did he just FALL?"

"Dude, GEORGE?? GEORGE!" Sapnap yelled, but there was no answer.

He passed out? What is going on? I thought, my mind racing for answers. George had seemed fine yesterday... we had just played minecraft together. But all of a sudden, he had completely changed and had barely spoken at all. Speaking of... he hadn't texted or replied to any of my calls since last night. What was going on?

"Guys, it's been like a minute and he's clearly out cold, should we call someone to check up on him? In England?" Technoblade said in his usual monotone voice, with a slight waver. Even though he and George barely passed as friends, he was concerned for the 23 year old's well being.

"Um, um, Wilbur!" Eret said, slightly fumbling around for presumably his phone. "Anyone know George's address?"

Dream thought and practically screamed, "DANG IT! I DON'T!"

"It's okay, it's okay", Eret said, trying to calm everyone. "We'll just call his parents or something. I think he gave you his mom's number, right, Dream?"

"Right." Dream hastily pulled out his phone and checked his contacts, then called his mom. The phone rang 4 times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" Dream resisted from yelling. "Is this George's mom?"

"It's me, yes. And you are...?" A woman's British voice replied.

"Dream, um, Clay. I'm George's friend, and is... is George alright?" He asked stupidly. How would George's mom know? She would have been talking on the call, trying to wake George.

"I don't live with George anymore... but is something wrong? What happened?" She replied, a hint of worry and questioning in her voice.

Oh my god, she probably thinks I'm super sketchy, Dream thought. I have to give this a try.

Dream hurriedly explained the gist of what had happened, and George's mom sent him his address and said, "Please send someone to check on him. I can't make it to him in the next few days... I'm quarantined in another country, and..." Her voice cracked and dropped to a near whisper. "Please make sure he's okay."

"I promise you we will, ma'am." Dream said, masking his voice with politeness. He really wanted to scream and catch a flight to George, but he kept his cool and said, "I'll call you for updates. Goodbye."

As soon as the call was over, he pasted the address to the chat that contained his friends, not caring at the moment that the others could see. Wilbur was already on the call, and it sounded like he was in his car, driving around his place.

"Okay, got the address. I'm driving right now", Wilbur said, trying to keep his calm. "Stay on the call everyone, I'll update you guys."

There was a slight pause of silence, and no one knew what to say except worry for George. The silence was much more intimidating and nerve-wracking than the MCC competition, and all who were in the call were on the edge of their seat.

"So, how am I gonna get into his house...?" Wilbur asked.