9

Dream's POV

And I'm sorry that Dream doesn't feel the same. And I'm sorry that Dream doesn't feel the same. And I'm sorry that--

The same sentence repeated in my head, my thoughts whirring as I tried to comprehend what I had heard.

A surgery. George needed surgery, but he wasn't going to take it.

I didn't know what was happening on the other side of the call. I didn't know why George needed surgery or why he was stupid enough to decline. I would pay for it, hell, everyone would chip in and he'd feel better.

But there was something about Wilbur's tone that hinted the situation was more extreme.

That George had no choice but to decline, or there would be consequences.

Sapnap's voice trailed as he practically screamed my name as I left the call. I knew what Sapnap would tell me.

We'll pay for the surgery without George knowing. It will be okay. George will be okay, and we'll film a minecraft video together and everything will be fine. Great. Better than great.

I subconsciously knew that George wouldn't be fine, and that somehow I was the reason for his current state. I just couldn't piece together what was happening, and I didn't know what Wilbur was trying to communicate.

And I'm sorry that Dream doesn't feel the same.

What the hell did that mean?