11

TIME SKIP

George's POV

The plane skidded to a stop. Wilbur and I winced at the sound of the engines, and abruptly stood to retrieve our bags from the compartments above us. Wilbur was significantly taller than me, so he voluntarily grabbed both our bags and handed me mine.

"Thanks. Let's get our luggages." I said, my accent heavier and more noticeable, as I just woke from an uncomfortable nap.

One the plane, I had coughed once, after going through twitter and reading old messages. Dream and I had flirted a lot on twitter, and now that I had hanahaki, I was unsure how that made me feel. The blood wasn't a gross amount, and there were only a few petals. I had excused myself from Wilbur when I felt an itch in my throat, so I doubted that he saw anything gruesome. Besides that, I practically inhaled any water provided. Anything to keep the itching in my throat away.

We grabbed our bags and looked around, searching for Sapnap. He had volunteered to drive us over to Dream's house, and we agreed to look out for him. Suddenly, a loud battle cry rang through my ears.

"GEOOOOORGEEEE!" Sapnap screamed.

I cringed from the loud volume. "Ouch. Chill, bro."

Wilbur was grinning, and he watched as Sapnap nearly smothered me, making me choke a bit. I felt an itch in my throat and widened my eyes, alarmed. Wilbur seemed to notice as said, "Nick, relax. Give me a hug too."

As Sapnap leaned over to give Wilbur a hug, I tried to find water. When I realized that the nearest source of water was not within reach, I desperately pawed around my hoodie before finding a tissue to cough into.

Hacking for a few seconds and then quickly folding up the tissue that evidently contained blood, I looked up to see Sapnap worried.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Great." I said, unconvincingly. I felt another itch and quickly swallowed to desperately get rid of any cough.

"Let's uhhh go to your car!" Wilbur said hesitantly, giving me a look that screamed, 'hey, you okay??'

I followed Sapnap and Wilbur to his car, and waited patiently until Dream's house came into view.

We unloaded all the baggage and I rang the doorbell, slightly nervous but mostly excited.

Loud footsteps sounded and a yell followed shortly after. "COMIN'! JUST WAIT A SECOND..."

The door opened, and I recognized the tall figure in front of me. We had only met once in real life, yet I had never forgotten his face, completely implanted into my mind.

I opened my mouth to greet my best friend, my crush...

My voice died in my throat. I coughed immediately, frantically covering my mouth with my hand. I knew what was evidently in my hand the second I felt a metallic tang in my mouth.

Blood.

... Not again. Not now.