■(19/20) Midnight Darkness

Start from the beginning

    She looks up to see a white wolf with black eyes starring at her across the lake. "Hi, Presley I'm Anna your wolf. I'm here to help you out." Anna's voice soothes into her mind.

"How are you there and I am here," she asked.

" We're a Shadow wolf." She answered.

"A What?" She stuttered as she got up.

"Who are you talking to?" The boy below her asked. "My wolf," she answered as he grimaces in pain as he sat up.

"She's pretty, reminds me of my grandmother wolf minus the eyes." He stated as another pain surge through his body.

"Thanks," Anna bowed her head as she stares at him. Presley felt butterflies flutter in her stomach.

"You need to get him off the obvilion roots," Anna told her.

"I can't swim," she told Anna.

"And he can't walk on the root but you can. Your gonna have to carry him on your back." She told him.

"I can walk," he struggles to get up but fell back down as his foot weakens upon standing too quickly.

"The roots have poisoned you, you don't have any strength," Anna told him.

   "But won't  it poison her?" He asked starring at her.

"She's is very special to this place. It more afraid of her." Anna told them.

   "Now hurry," Anna pleaded.

"No," Presley folded her arm across her flat chest.

"It's okay. After this, I'll still help you find your dad." He prods as he used her shoulder to stand up.

"What if I drop you?" She asked.

"You won't." He uplifted her.

"Okay let's go," she waited until he climbs onto her back but she collapsed on her knee. "Your heavy like a beast," she muttered.

"And your such a beauty," he stated into her ears. "Quit playing and minimize your weight." She snaps at him.

"Don't snap at me," he snaps back.

  "Come on," she helps him up as she struggled to get him on her back.

   "I'll help you with his weight." Just concentrate on keeping your foot on the vines.

"Okay,"  she uttered as she steps onto the first vines which were very slippery. Halfway through the walk, the boy weight collapsed on to her and she fell into the water. She screams out as she grips the boy hand who's eyes were shut tightly as the vines attach to him.

     She turned swiftly as a huge beast lunge at her sinking his claws into her body and straight into the boy's body causing him to sink his nails into her neck causing a massive explosion of heat to rush into her body. She struggles to get him ashore. Upon surfacing, she struggled to her wobbled feet as she stares at the huge beast fear rigged her body as her hands tingled with heat. Suddenly she felt something thick running down her hands. Her left hand had black liquid dripping as fire emerge from her right hand. The huge wolf-like beast stood snarring at her. She looks down to see the vines were wrapping around the boy and  Anna causing her breathing to waver. She looked up at the beast as her left hand elongated to claws.

   "Let them go you, ugly bastard." She growled as she lifted her right hand and as fire gush out of hand at the beast. The beast shrieks out in pain as she used her left to cut away the vines wraps around the boy who was radiating a heat before she knew he was engulfed in fire illuminate the entire place burning away the rest vines that was wrapped around them...