■[13/20] Midnight Echoes

M.I.H
Midnight Echoes
Thirteen
Alec

        "DO YOU GUYS HEAR THAT?" Sean question causing Derrick and me to stare up from the files we're reading.  It was a quarter after eleven and oddly enough the atmosphere was quiet.

     "It's getting eerie loud," He shoved the chair back way causing it to scrape against the wooden floor. Alec glances down at his arm to see that his veins as turn to black and something suddenly felt disconnected from him.

    "It's coming from upstairs," He walks swiftly out of the room. Derrick got up and turns to the door.

"Are we really going to follow him," he questioned. "We both know you still got your brief twisted about the whole situation about him being apart of Shadow Clan and being your mate third in command but if he's sensing something off in his house. I am following especially that when I know my mate is in the same direction he's heading." Derrick stated as he heads for the door.

   "He's right you know. We all get things we're not too fond about and we gotta accept it. The goddess wouldn't set it in motion if it wasn't for the right reasons." Cayden told him.

    "Whatever," Alec muttered annoyed as a loud animalistic growl shakes the entire packhouse.

  "He was right after all," Cayden dash out of the room with him following behind. A huge sour scent causes them to skid abruptly as they both stare up at the huge wet beast that has Griffin's eyes.

"Is that Griffin?" Alec asked squeezing his nose to keep the scent from suffocating him to death.

"Not anymore," Cayden announced as he looks up to see Derrick holding a sleeping Aaron as he went in the other direction.  The beast lunge towards them gripping in Derrick's foot as Aaron slips out of his hand.

    Derrick landed over the railing as Cayden rush to catch Aaron. "Derrick-k!" Anne screamed as she jumps onto the beast reaching for a knife she had in her hair as she stabs him trice in the eyes. The rogue howls in pain as he pushes Anne off and she spurts up using her foot to render him to the ground, the wood cracks upon his pressure causing him to fall over the railing as he landed directly before him. He grabs onto my foot and without hesitation, he lit him afire. But the beast kept crawling.

   "Alec down!" Ramada called out Just as Anna lounge over him gripping the beast around his neck and pulled it away from his body.

    "What the hell was that?" He asked as Amber voiced screams out from her room. They all rush up towards her room to see black fluid running out of her room.

   "Do not touch the black fluid," she demands. “don't go much further." She stops abruptly. Alec watches as she did and before stepping into the room she collapsed, I grab onto her and pulled her away into the hallway. Anna steps around them and walks over to her body and snare into her face.

  "What's going on?" He asked out loud as Ramada stood up holding onto her chest.

   " Amber is stuck in a nightmare." She stuttered out.

"Let's wake her up," Cayden announced but Ramada stops him.

"She won't wake up, whoever is feeding off her is too strong." She stated. "The scent is so familiar," she muttered under her breath.

   "What?" Cayden asked.

"Nothing," she said answered as they help her up. "Only a Neptune blood wolf can wake her up. We'll need Presley." Sean told them.

"Then let's go get her,"  Alec told them.

"That won't be possible," Sean and Ramada blurted out simultaneously.