Festival

The trio swims out from the cottage and made their way to the town.

Along the way,they have been greeted joyfully although Axel felt weird that they was not afraid of him being the only mershark there. But it makes him felt welcome and it has been a long time for him to have such a big and joyous crowd in a festival like this.

The trio sits one of the bench near the main hall. Watching the play of dance from couples of beautiful mermaids swimming around with shiny and beautiful stones to their chests and body. It makes them felt peaceful forgeting their pains and struggles they have been through the past few weeks.

Then their aunts joins them. Bringing some fishes and kelps to snack on. Which Azul happily takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the late evening the main event begins. Long howl of sound from the big shells blown by the elderly mers signals for mating event to take place.

The aunts has taken sleepy Azul back home,as they wanted to make sure both Roxo and Axel have time for themselves.

Both of them are locking hands now but still sitting at the same spot.
Wanting to break the silence between them,"Do you still want to be with me?..i understand that if you want to be with others you know..like Der...he seems.."before Axel could finish his words Roxo kisses him.

After a full sloppy kiss, "i don't want anyone else, i only want to have you for the rest of my life, Axel.." Roxo said hugging Axel close.

Axel sighs in relief,hugging back his..he can call Roxo his omega now. He puts his face near Roxo's neck nuzzling. " I love you,Roxo...thank you for everything and accepting me for who i am"

Roxo sheds some tear." I love you too... thank you also for saving me and my brother...and also for being my family for me"

They hugs until some mer coughing behind them. They separates but still holding hands.

"Hi you guys, if you are ready to joins us in the dance, lets begin" one of the mer couples said to them.

"Sure..lets go, my love" Axel said tightening his grip on Roxo's hand for reasurring him.

Roxo smiles happily. Following behind them to meet at the centre of the main event for the ceremony. All the couples are now facing each other.

Roxo and Axel watches others and copied them. Laughing quietly as they has not been graceful enough but tries to follow others dance.

Suddenly Roxo's hand was ripped from Axel's hand. Both of them was in shock so is the others couples.
Its none other than Der.

"What!?" Roxo whips around furiously.
Axel growls shielding Roxo around him.
The others started to move around them. The music and songs stops too.

"Hear me all of you, i,Der challenge you Axel to take Roxo as my mate."

All other mers gasp as this kind of challenge does not happen always and when one does happen it does not end good. Sometime bloody.

Axel's face grew dark with anger,"i'll accept the challenge"

"NO! I don't want to mate with him, i only want you!" Roxo said but both the alpha already in battle mod.

Someone rushes to tell their aunt.

In just a few minutes both of them came, and holding sleeping Azul.

"What happened?" Aunt zee asked at the tear stricken Roxo held by other omega there.

He told them everything as they watch both alphas circling each other.