➹| four

Taking a seat at my usual spot in the coffee shop after getting my black Americano in my hand, I decided to stop by and clear my mind before attending the meeting of our organization this evening.

I know, we just had a meeting yesterday but something happened today and to be honest, I am not eager to know what is it after what took place today. And my mind is being a bitch, it keeps replaying the scene in the middle of the campus especially inside the classroom.

Until now, my mind couldn't process the fact that she substituted my previous professor in Arts after she resigned without saying a word to us.

I looked past the glass wall seeing all the people are gone after the rain started pouring so hard that you could see clearly the wind dancing along with the raindrops of it. I couldn't tell if there is storm this week as I am not watching any news these past few days. As much as I wanted to, I can't.

I took a sip of my coffee not realizing that it is still steaming hot that I ended up burning my tongue. Swallowing it despite of how smoldering it is, I could feel the burning liquid leaving traces in my throat before sliding it into my stomach. I cursed at my mind after being so careless and not paying attention.

Deciding that I will just finish my coffee in the meeting, I stood and approached the counter where Damon is standing behind it fixing his apron. "Leaving already?" Arching his right eyebrow after asking me I responded, "Yes, I'll take this out." Putting my cup of coffee in the counter so he could transfer it into a different container, was about to grab it, he looked behind me seeming to see a ghost at five in the afternoon, "Not too fast, woman." He smirked looking back at me.

Wondering what on earth he is talking about, I turned around seeing her again after I just literally left her classroom ten minutes ago. Suddenly, my world was too slow for me to act fast, I looked at her, she's wearing the same black suit that to be honest, looks hella hot in her, she closed her umbrella and put it in the rack beside the door, shaking her hair a little bit she tangled her fingers in her short raven hair after being wet by the rain. Looking at her slender shoulders and popping collarbones that was exposed slightly under her white polo, feeling my heart fluttered inside my chest and my stomach going really wild inside, I gulped turning my attention towards Damon before speaking and clearing my throat, "What do you mean? I need to go. I'm going to be late in the meeting." Damon saw what I did and he gave me the most disgusting smirk I've ever seen.

"Don't act like you didn't like it, Erin." He wiggled his eyebrows giving me an unknowing glance. "She's approaching, act like a woman, woman." He winked at me before turning his attention at the lady that I don't even know the name of. Giving his overreacting smile like something is bothering him he greeted her, "Hi, ma'am. Nice to see you again here. Can I take your order?" I just stood there beside the woman waiting for Damon to finish his business with her.

I just acted like a lost child there waiting for her mama to come and pick her up, my chest was thumping so loud in my chest because of how close we actually are and Damon can see that because his annoying smirk was plastered in his face. I step aside to give her some space and in all actually, our clothes are almost touching because of the gap between us. Turning my head to the right to avoid her incase she decided to look beside her.

Well, unlucky me, she just noticed my motion there. Smart move to catch her attention, Erin.

I heard her give her orders to Damon and I turned around acting like I didn't see her and in my perephiral vision, I saw her looking at me trying to figure something out.

"Damon, give me my coffee so I can leave." I muttered teeth clenching but acting calmly.

"Oh, I forgot but wait, okay? I'll give your professor her orders first, yeah?" I did regret telling him that this woman beside me is my new professor in Arts when we were both walking towards the coffee shop.