➹| eight

I woke up at the sound of rain hitting my bedroom roof, it has been raining non-stop since last night and I also checked the news that a hurricane was approaching towards our country today and for the next three days.

I don't know if the classes are suspended because obviously I just woke up, but surely they will suspend it because there's literally a hurricane, the fuck do they want us to do? Go to school?

But the government here thinks that college students are waterproof so they sometimes left us with no choice but to go to our university as if there's no tropical storm that is approaching. I love my country so much.

I got up, feeling dizzy 'cuz I only had a few hours of sleep last night, I still couldn't move past on what happened, we stayed under the waiting shed for hours last night and had a deep conversation.

"Do you know where we are heading, ma'am?" I looked at her trying to see if she knows this place since she just got her coffee not far from where we are.

She chuckled letting the sound of her laugh invade my ears, "I actually don't know, I thought alam mo? Sumusunod lang ako sa'yo." She laughed really hard this time and I couldn't help but to join her because we both looked so dumb right now, we were just walking not knowing where to go.

I felt few droplets of rain hitting my face, I looked up once again, It's starting to rain.

"C'mon, hanap tayo ng masisilungan." We were still laughing while we were running and I felt the joy in my heart, it was genuine and I never thought I would be laughing again and to add, with this woman.

I saw a waiting shed not far from where we are, "There, may waiting shed." I pointed.

Agad kaming sumilong dahil basang basa na kami, mabuti na lang at 'yung leather jacket ko ay waterproof.

"Are you alright?" She asked me suddenly, looking at my body. "Yes, ma'am." I smiled at her realizing that she should've just left me alone there to walk dahil hindi naman s'ya madadamay rito kung hindi ko s'ya hinayaan.

"You should've just left me alone, ma'am." I looked away, guilt is starting to invade my body.

"Why would I leave you there? All alone? In the dark? Who knows what might happen to you if iniwan kita?" The tone of her voice suddenly changed and I shifted my body trying to compose a reply in my mind.

I looked at her once again, her body is shaking probably cold because of the wind and rain that is hitting us.

I looked up, meeting her sun-like eyes, god..

After what happened inside the classroom that day, I never got to see her eyes this close once again.. I was aware of our surrounding it's still raining so hard and the wind is whistling, but looking at her eyes.. it was like a sunny day in the field with full of flowers, it was warm and inviting as if all the coldness in my body left me for a second.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized that she was waiting for me to say something.

I looked away, afraid that I might burn in her stare.

"I can handle myself, ma'am. You don't have to look after me like a child." I said while looking at the rain that is pouring so hard.

I remembered that she's still shivering beside me because of the wind, so I removed my leather jacket not thing twice and caring if I get cold.

She was about to say something when I came closer to her and even if she's cold, I can still feel her warmth radiating in her body but I disregarded it, I put my jacket around her body and making her switch sides with me so I am now the one who's catching all the wind that is directed towards us.