➹| seven

"Are you, alright?" Chase asked me after the talk that we had with the executives and officers of the organization. We are now walking out of the campus and for a second I didn't think and look for her in the crowd I am too tired today to pay attention to her.

"Yeah, I just need a coffee." I half-smiled at him and he tapped my shoulder trying to make me feel better about the situation and I know it will never get better unless I will distract myself again from all of these thoughts that are clouding in my mind right now.

It's been years yet it still hurts..

"You know, Rin.." Chase started, I was just looking at my combat boots while we are walking towards the coffee shop. Still haven't heard Damon talk maybe he sensed that I wasn't feeling alright and I know that he is only doing that because he knows himself that he may joke about the situation that I am in and as much as I want that as my coping mechanism, this time I want to feel the loneliness that this event brought to us.

"It's okay to still feel sad and mourn no matter how many years have passed.." He squeezed my shoulder gently. "Do not be too hard on yourself, you are doing your best and we are so proud of you for staying strong, okay?" I looked at them both and their eyes are glistening with tears. I am not used to see them being like this. Is this how I affect them emotionally? I feel so bad.. They do not deserve to feel sad just because I cannot heal myself. I looked down once again feeling guilty on what I am making them feel.

I stopped at my tracks just as we are about to enter the coffee shop. "Can you guys do me a favor?" I swallowed the lump in my throat trying to prevent myself from crying, they motioned me to continue.

"Can you leave me alone just for tonight? I need to collect my thoughts.." They both looked at each other as if communicating telepathically.

"If that's the only way to make you feel a little better, alright." Chase smiled at me.

"I am just going to take a walk you guys should go and get your coffees." I smiled and pointed the coffee shop in front of us.

"I thought-" Chase pointed his finger at the coffee shop and back at me. He must've thought that I was going to enter the coffee shop and have my alone time.

"Please be careful, Erin." Damon said sternly. I know they are concern about my safety and well-being especially now that it is more dangerous for us to go outside alone.

"I can defend myself." I said looking at them seriously.

"Can you dodge a bullet?" Damon asked his right eyebrow raising. I looked at Chase and the asshole is trying his best not to laugh at what Damon juist said.

"Please, just let me take a walk.. I promise I will not go home late." I pleaded, looking at them both who are by the way not amused.

"It's already late, Erin. It's 10 PM and we couldn't risk you going out late at night knowing you are not safe." Damon insisted I can see him getting angry and I know for a fact that he will not let me go just yet.

"Can you guys just give me peace for a second? I need to take a walk to clear my mind and I don't need to argue about this to the both of you." I calmly said trying not to make this a problem. I just really need to take a walk and this is the only way that will help me. I need peace.

Chase looked at Damon trying to make him understand and I understand too that they are concern, but I don't need it right now and I can definitely handle myself.

I heard Damon sighed and looked at me, "Fine, but you need to update us from time to time and share your location with us." I can see that he is still not in favor of this but I don't mind, I need this.