Chapter 18: Wednesday

We're down to our next song. Justin's intro made the song recognizable. The fangirl in me silently squealed — nothing beats a good old Taylor Swift song. I let out a huge grin before singing the first line.

"It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters

And make fun of our exes

Uh-uh, uh-uh

It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight

To fall in love with strangers

Uh-uh, uh-uh"

I'm enjoying this! I even shrugged at the "uh-oh" part to give it more emphasis.

"I don't know about you..." I stopped and held out my microphone to the crowd, telling them to sing the next line.

"But I'm feeling twenty-two" they happily obliged making me smile while singing. I looked like a total idiot already, encouraging the crowd to sing along with me like it's my concert, but who cares? I already started it so I better finish it.

Everything will be alright, if

You keep me next to you

You don't know about me

But I bet you want to

Everything will be alright, if

We just keep dancing like we're twenty-two, twenty-two"

"You guys are getting hyped up!" I exclaimed. My chest is already thumping so loudly that I can already hear it. The crowd cheered as they started jumping again. "Alright –" I stop to catch my breath. "Let's do this!"

I counted along with the drumsticks' noise, and 5 Seconds of Summer's "She Looks So Perfect" is already on its second stanza. I walk towards the left side of the stage and encouraged the crowd to sing along with me.

"Let's get out, let's get out

'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down

While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking

If I showed up with a plane ticket

And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it

Would you wanna run away too?

'Cause all I really want is you"

The girls started squealing again when Line sang the chorus. They started taking out their phone and directed the camera lenses towards him. I can't blame them, his voice is so deep. if I'm also one of the crowd I would've taken a video of him singing. Hmm, I might just secretly record him singing tomorrow.

"You look so perfect standing there

In my American Apparel underwear

And I know now, that I'm so down

Your lipstick stain is a work of art

I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart

And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!"

I gripped my microphone too tightly that if it was a glass it could've broken already. I almost got sidetracked with my thoughts good thing I manage to compose myself.

We manage to cross "She Looks so Perfect" and "The Middle". I even doubted when I chose these songs; I mean they don't even have any relevance with each other, plus they don't belong to the same artist.