Chapter 187: Golden Age (EP. 02)

Start from the beginning

Equate land, not so grassy yet not so bald like the even structure of what Arendelle has, Heine may have seen the comely scenery before but it never ceases to take his breath away.

With the conspicuous sight of distant mountains holding tenebrous caverns promising treasure, different classifications of ores and other auxiliary wonders, Captain Lars mentally estimated for the palpable flat areas of the newfound borders possessing the sufficient capacity to hold an entire province or more, even an excessive region.

In short, what Aiden saw must've been imaginary paradise. His mind tried to register every palpable evidence proving Heine's claim is indeed true. Every nerve of his cooperated and went under deep analysis according to what HIS EYES saw but no, his head is ready to figuratively explode into a mess of all sorts.

He drank in the outlook of the pale horizon and closed his eyes, letting his lungs regain some nice air. He pinched himself and barely winced; and once he opened his eyes again he felt like an idiot for expecting for the mountains and sanguine grass to disappear like they weren't even there.

"L-look," Magoo's voice nearly cracked, "This is the figure of Arendelle on this European Map I have right here."

No longer than soon the item was slammed against a moss over layed log of wood, and in a flash an ink dipped quill drew sloppy extensions of closed lines after the southern part of Arendelle's figure.

"This is the border, the edge, of the kingdom," Magoo tapped a finger on the pointed fragment, "Think of how many hours we traveled by horse, even by feet just to reach the place supposedly the edge of Arendelle but actually it isn't. It's simple, really, like an unknown territory—"

"To hell with simple, Magoo!" Aiden snapped, out of focus, "I wish everything is just as you think they are but it can't be. It's impossible for Elsa, or any of our subjects not to know about this untouched sector of the kingdom. Be realistic."

"Then where do you think this place came from? Magic?"

"Well you can almost say so if you weren't being so sarcastic," Aiden rebuffed, "Of course it's out of magic! I don't really have the faintest clue who, or WHAT may have done this, but surely Elsa has an idea or two."

"Oh no, no, Fireheart," Magoo groaned, "Don't tell me you're turning your back on this one just to run back to your wife!"

"And what are we supposed to do staying around here? We ought to finish something productive while we can!" Aiden hurriedly stormed back towards an awaiting Noir and swept his damp tresses, "We can use the rest of the afternoon to gallop back to the main city before nightfall. Captain Lars and the others must be informed about this."

"And?"

"It will be Elsa and I's decision regarding what we can do with this valuable gift," Aiden gravely shuddered, "Christmas is in less than two days... Honestly, already make it a day. I don't want to ruin the holidays, but we have to prioritize this first."

"When can you?"

"Not now, but soon," Aiden huffed, a neigh emitting from Noir's muzzle as he pulled the reins, "Information will only be passed around the council, the rest of the family and the Scavenging League. It's only for a mandatory time before we publicize everything... We just have to figure out where this came from and whatnot."

"It's your call anyway," The General shrugged, "Yours and the queen's. Schmidt, assemble the Scavenging League and prepare for brisk return to The Capital."

Heine nods affirmatively.

"Roger."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 | 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝
- 𝐍 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 𝐅 𝐀 𝐋 𝐋 -

"Are you trying to wear a hole on the ground sis?"

Elsa shook her head stubbornly and resumed her nervous frolicking back and forth around the courtyard, the skirt of her dark magenta nightgown flowing with the cool winter air surrounding her and the accompanying ginger sitting by one of the frozen fountain.

"I–it's past midnight, Anna," Came the Queen of Arendelle's anxious response as she folded her arms to herself, "And it's winter. And there's wolves... Oh gods—"

"Calm down, nobody's not coming home tonight," Anna stumbled upon her words and sheepishly corrected, "Er, today."

"You're truly lucky Kristoff doesn't harvest ice to go on mountain treks anymore," Elsa sighed, "However with Aiden... Ugh."

Anna couldn't help but grin. "You're like the picture perfect wife always worrying over her daredevil husband."

"That silly fool always makes me worry," Elsa grumbled.

"And that certain fool is here."

Elsa's eyes sparkled briefly. With graceful but quick steps the platinum blonde ran towards her husband and wrapped her arms around his neck, both relief and excitement coursing through her.

"Hi. Missed you." Elsa lowly whispered, not really caring how her uniformed spouse unpleasantly smelled like the outdoors.

Smiling softly, the fire king leaned closer and nods, "I missed you too. A lot."

The queen stood on her tip toes and placed a passionate kiss upon her king's lips, "Tell me all about it later."

Aiden chuckled.

"Believe me, I have lots of things to tell you."

To be continued
on the next chapter...

A/N:

"Why do you like Aiden for Elsa?" 😅