Full House

What? The vacation was dad’s idea?

I still couldn’t fathom how everything that Manager Lee just said could fit into one whole thing. If she was indeed serious that it was dad who proposed for a vacation in lieu of the dorm’s renovation, I can’t help but think that he planned to bring me there all along. Of course, he telling it straight to sunbae would inevitably cause me to be tagged along the ride. I wouldn’t mind spending time with the girls though, and at a special place at that.

Maybe I just can’t believe it. Well at least they managed to free up the afternoon so we got the day for ourselves after moving the schedules.

Needless to say, after sunbae and I’s small conversation we headed off again towards the production room to discuss the agency’s plans for the girls’ activities while we were away, eliminating any possible chances for me to directly ask sunbae of the details of the said plan. It wasn’t too much, but we made sure that everything was discussed down to the last detail in order to remove anything that could stress the girls out while they, or rather we, were in vacation.

I went back at the dorm after the whole discussion and it was almost noon by then. Sunbae asked me to keep the details confidential from the girls for the time being, given she wanted to play things a little light. At first, I assumed that they were still celebrating with the news of their vacation, but as soon as I opened the dorm’s room it was just Yuqi who was left, seated on the couch with a stack of colored papers, a bottle of glue and a whole mess of cut scrap papers on her feet. It was weird to see the dorm so silent like that, with the only source of noise was the audio coming from the TV of which Yuqi wasn’t apparently paying attention to.

“Yuqi, where’s everyone?”  I asked her.

Yuqi stopped from cutting the piece of paper she was holding on her hand to look back towards me. “Oh hi oppa, well Miyeonnie went to back to sleep, as usual. Soyeon went out to get snacks with Shuhua, while Minnie-Ya and Soojinnie went to work out.”

“I see. Looks like you girls are maximizing the free time,” I remarked, noticing the scattered paper scraps around the table’s perimeter. “Are those for confetti?”

Yuqi laughed, and damn the way she smiled was heart melting.

“No, oppa, you’re silly! I’m doing a scrap book for the vacation ahead

“No, oppa, you’re silly! I’m doing a scrap book for the vacation ahead. I want to keep the memories here.”

“I didn’t know you were into arts and crafts,” I said as I sat opposite her. “So what would you put here?”

“Things I can’t post in social media:  Pictures with the girls and you, oppa-”

She was cut off by a blaring siren from down below, but then she shrugged it off and resumed.

“I don’t know why,” Yuqi continued. “But there’s something really special and sentimental when things are tangible. It brings back memories, and hits harder than just seeing them in soc med.”