First Love

The following days after that fated encounter on CUBE’s rooftop were filled with a lot of busy schedules on both me and the girls’ parts. It barely even became noticeable until it we were literally working for about two whole weeks. With their MV shooting wrapping up coupled with the subsequent post-production editing and further preparations for the final release of Dumdi-Dumdi, and my work getting more and more tedious and meticulous as the days passed by, it was needless to say that we had our interactions to the bare minimum. It even reached the point where I won’t have any news about them as they were really busy doing everything for their comeback.

However, recent news from dad himself showed a promising change in routine for me and the girls alike: The construction of the new dorm has been done and it is ready to accommodate the girls in any day now. According to the schedule, they were just waiting for the night before official dates of promotion to finally move there – arguably the smartest and most logical choice to move in as it would be the final day they could relax themselves before they go into another month or two of busy schedules for Dumdi-Dumdi.

As for me being CUBE’s CEO, I wanted to release it to the public beforehand and actually let the news of CUBE’s unusually young company head take over way before (G) I-DLE even makes their comeback, but somehow Yoo-Ra noona thought of differently. For her, it would be for the company’s best interests to let the girls release their song first and then make my assumption of office public. She was in the hopes that the sudden rise in popularity I would bring to the company would boost the promotions in more ways than one.

I honestly am not a fan of her idea considering I would feign myself to the public to bring more attention to (G) I-DLE. Granted, the girls could easily bring attention to themselves just with sheer talent and charisma alone and there had been a lot of instances where that was displayed publicly; I just didn’t like the idea of them coming back then me suddenly announcing my assumption of office. I feel like it would be blatantly obvious to the public with regards to what we're going for. I’m sure the moment my announcement hits the internet, my name would be trending in South Korea because CUBE decided to go to the scenic route and make their CEO the youngest one eligible for the position.

I don’t even know if I should be worried for that in the first place. I’m just anxious that I might affect the girls’ promotion in a negative way. They worked so hard for this and I don’t want to be the one who would screw it up.

I could just be overthinking as well and everything is actually going very swimmingly. Who knows: maybe sunbae is right on the dot? After all, Yoo Ra noona has a knack for good predictions ever since she was my sunbae despite her decisions initially looking unconventional.

My god, I feel like a fucking baby. I'm so worried for everything. What has happened to you, Y/N?

Anyway, after all the ruckus of overthinking and anxiety for the past days, I was able to dissipate all negative thoughts and divert my attention to work. Luckily I was able to get back to it without much damage. It was the usual day inside CUBE's building with me finishing most of my work for corporate decisions left and right; just in the perfect time for what I had arranged in the evening. There was nothing more I wanted at that point than to have a relaxing night after a long week’s work, and so as the afternoon faded, I exited the premises of CUBE entertainment by walking on the hallway towards the exit. My father’s self-appointed secretary was treading beside me while jotting down notes on her clipboard.

Misa was a girl that was at about my age, if not maybe more than, who had a really promising track record when she was applying for the company and eventually got under dad’s radar. Perhaps her history of being an ex-idol trainee draw interested for her profile, and so when dad heard that she was not able to debut and pursued college instead somehow he thought that this girl would be perfect to be my personal secretary.