Graduation Day

It may have been a built-in talent that Y/N could easily make up a good meal with whatever was left inside the hotel’s fridge. Even back in Bora-Bora he was able to whip out a good, passable platter with all of the things he learned back in Sweden and that is despite having not the best resources in the world. Soyeon’s palate was not exactly sophisticated anyway as she was easily pleased by almost any type of food as long as there’s nothing of her dreaded vegetables.

Mornings in Seoul was something that the pair of them missed, and strangely enough waking up to the country’s concrete jungle felt awfully comfortable compared to the blue seas and skies of Bora-Bora;  maybe because it was filled with stress on Soyeon’s part especially when she’s literally anticipating her deportation every single day. On Y/N’s end, every day he spent on Tahiti pushed his emotions to the limit.

Since manager Lee never really briefed anything about the details of the other members’ arrival, he was initially thinking of something to do that day for relaxation; probably about to go out and enjoy the sliver of time that they both had for themselves. But then before he could even ask Soyeon out using the AMG and give the car a well-deserved road-trip, he was briefly cut when she asked him for a favour. The place was very quiet aside from the occasional rumble of the cars below and according to Soyeon it was a perfect time and atmosphere for her to write. She said she was determined to finish the song she mentioned, aiming for a summer release with a song that she claim would be the ‘definite song that would represent her youth’.

The day progressed with the majority of Y/N being the executive assistant of the songwriter otherwise known as Jeon Soyeon. It was not an easy task as Soyeon was entirely different when she’s on songwriter mode, quite baring her fangs with how amazing and dedicated she could place herself when things called right. Her inhuman talent for writing made it look easy as Soyeon was even able to pitch the rhythm with a simple piano application that she managed to download on the spot.

The pair stayed indoors for the entire day until they finally finished both songs. The summer song ended up being called ‘Dumdi-Dumdi’, as a form of onomatopoeia depicting the sound of drums, while the other song was titled ‘Bird’, later revealed to be the one that she wrote for her sunbaenim, Namjoo. The skies had begun to set as the pair of them admired the finished work with Y/N noting how he just became one of Soyeon’s biggest fans.  It was an intense experience to witness Soyeon’s song writing finesse first hand even though he had seen it before, but having her do it from the ground up was in a whole level in its own.

The two of them became a lot more comfortable with each other that sleeping on the same bed for the second night in a row didn’t seem to be a big deal anymore. It was a pleasant flow of leader and manager, giving them a well-deserved rest after the progress they made for the entire day. Time was definitely utilized properly, unlike what how Y/N initially thought it would turn out.

The next day came with quite a boom, as Y/N and Soyeon was woken up by (G) I-DLE’s own song, ‘Luv U’, echoing across the hotel room as another day of Seoul greeted them with a bright light through the windows.

“Hello?” Y/N asked as Soyeon raised her head beside him “Who is this?”

“Y/N-oppa…? It’s Yuqi! I’m sorry did I wake you up?”

Y/N’s sleepiness was instantly removed the moment he heard the familiar, deep voice of the Chinese member.

“Oh, well yeah… I just did. How are things Yuqi? I heard you’re heading back to Korea right?”

Soyeon raised her head again as soon as she heard Y/N mention Yuqi’s name.

“Actually, we’ve been here since last night oppa,” Yuqi said from the opposite line. “I figured I’d give you a call in the morning, but I think that I was so excited to call you that I did it too early. You sound like you just woke up.”