Secret Hideout

Considering this was my first time to be with them when they finally launch their comeback right from the very beginning, I would admit that I was thoroughly not accustomed to a lot of things. Yes, I was on their promotions for Lion, but at the time I met them they were already halfway promoting. Now, I had to face everything from zero to a hundred for this album’s progress.

So as Soyeon once told me, the girls did name their album ‘I Trust’, and their core concept was to trust one self. It was surely really amazing how they manage to transform from their usual crack headed selves unto something beautiful once they were on stage, especially for this comeback. I repeatedly talked to the girls when they were conceptualizing their songs, and the title track was literally what my reaction was.

Despite a lot of ruckus happening before the whole comeback, especially with Soojin and Soyeon, I simply could not help but wonder how far we’ve been since I first met them. I don’t think there was a job better than what dad gave me, considering it was originally intended to tease me for a bit. Although, I haven’t told the members of anything about my heritage since I don’t want them to think about me differently. I did a pretty good job so far of hiding that to them, I don’t think there’s anyone who knows about that.

Well, for now of course.

Anyway, so after the whole Miyeon-Soojin-Storage room day, the following days just felt full of work. The surge of the paperwork ballooned here and there, and the next thing I knew was that I was staying more on the office room and doing the scheduling work rather than going back to the dorm to sleep. It was a very tiring week filled with errands here and there, and coupled with the heavy load I was able to interact very minimally with the girls.

It was always laid on the minimum, as I would simply be able to talk to them whenever we would bump into each other at the dorm, and it was often Yuqi whom I managed to cross-paths with frequently. Apparently, she was the one who was the errand runner for the group and would often be seen walking to and fro, sometimes even wearing the props they were using for the MV filming, even spilling a lot of glitters on the dorm one time.

For almost a month, we were all busy preparing for their comeback until the decided day came. Everything went well from the MV editing and final touches (something of which the girls handled first-hand, with little advising both from me and Manager Lee and the rest of the production team), to their comeback stages. Needless to say, their scheduled comeback was really successful and truly different from what I used to see them doing, and the subsequent album spanned a lot of show guesting and promotions (of course, generating a lot more schedules to fix and a lot of paperwork to organize). This ate up most of my time for the rest of the month, as I had little time to even go home and just updating them through text. It was tiring yet very fulfilling given I had the privilege to be on the backstage and manage them from off-stage.

Of course, since I had no other time to relax myself, I decided to take the short time I found for myself and spend it on the edge of CUBE’s pool when we came back to Seoul. It was on an awfully quiet Monday night, and the only noise I was able to hear was the constant horns of the cars passing by below behind soft rhythm of the flowing water of the pool. Despite the cozy atmosphere of the night, I hardly felt the urge to swim. Instead, I was just sitting at the cold tiles on the edge of the pool with and dipping my feet on the warm water. It felt relaxing to have the soothing noise from the running water envelope myself underneath the night sky, calm enough to get my troubles off my mind.

I’ve been thinking of a lot lately, and with the frequent supporting for Idle on this comeback had me thinking of the future between me and Soojin. Surely, we’d grow out of our occasional intimate moments at some point, and I can’t help but wonder what we should do after that; what would happen to us? Would we end up dating together secretly until we’re safe to announce to the world that we’re together?