Chapter 3

"I have absolutely no idea where I am." I whispered to myself. I looked out the dashboard of my Mazda, also known as Alcatraz. I know, naming my car that shares a name with a jail? Weird. However, I consider myself the very definition of weird. Wait, what is the definition of weird, anyway? Oh I don't know- wait. I'm driving! Why am I thinking about definitions?

Wait, I heard a thump! Was that a thump? I felt the left side of the car dip down and start bouncing. Oh my god, a flat?! What are the chances! I slammed my palm on the horn and pulled over to the side of the road. I opened my door and slipped out of the car, I was literally in the middle of nowhere.

I slammed the door of Alcatraz and looked around, a car has to come down the road at some point... Let me explain what I see when I look around: Trees, trees, a road, and trees. Hey, did I mention? Trees! Pine trees, Evergreens, mini-Christmas looking trees, all trees. Do all birds live in trees? Is a penguin considered a bird since it doesn't fly? Right, the task at hand.

I looked over at Alcatraz's tire that decided to get punctured and become flat. I don't even know what state I'm in. It's been two days since I left Philadelphia, I don't like road signs since they tell me what to do; wonderful, I don't even know what state I'm in. Wait, I already thought that...

Anyways,

"Where the hell am I?" I yelled to the sky above me, I didn't get an answer. "Jeez, why you got to be so rude?..." I started singing along with the song. "Don't you know I'm human too..."

"Uh, hello?" A masculine voice rang out from behind me, I whirled around and saw a very hot guy, he looked geeky, but in a hot way.

"Um, Hi." I looked down both sides of the road and behind his huge, muscular figure and saw a nice looking black Jeep Wrangler, no idea what year it was. "Just so you know, you interupted my individual concert. Plus, you scared the crap out of me, just thought you ought to know." I waved off his disruption.

"Sorry, I just thought you might need a little help." The man, who had hair that went down to just below his face gestured to our surrounding area, which was trees.

"Why would I need- Oh, right. Alcatraz decided to get a stupid flat." I mumbled to myself, but the man miraculously heard me.

"Wait, Alcatraz? That's odd." The man said outloud.

"Yeah, I know. Naming my car after a jail, I thought it was poetic. My car is badass." I rubbed the hood of my car in a loving manner.

"No, I meant because I know a guy whose middle name is Alcatraz. Ironic, I guess, 'cause he is badass too." I laughed when he got this smug look on his face.

"Right. I feel rude," I laughed thinking about the song before quickly composing myself. "Sorry, my name is Sydney, like the city in Australia." I extended my hand and he shook it.

"Name's Rio Crystal, like the city in Brazil." Rio said before before gently letting go of my hand.

"So, what brings you to the middle of nowhere?" I questioned, maybe he's a psycho killer. That'd be my luck. "You're not a psycho killer are you?" I questioned him, he looked shocked before chuckling and shaking his head.

Uh-Huh.

"Oh, I was traveling between the two pa- towns that are on either side of the road." Rio looked down avoiding eye contact, like I didn't catch him stopping midsentence.

"I know you were going to say something else, but since it's none of my business I shall not pry." I shrugged, how come I missed the town that I would have just passed through. "I wonder how I missed the town." I asked him curiously.