Chapter 4

"-And this is the library!" Rio exclaimed rather loudly.

"That? Your library is the size of the Grand Canyon!" No, not really, that would be horrible to walk that long, but yeah.

"Yeah, tell me about it. I love coming here though, it's quiet and has books!" Rio smiled, We walked through the heavy wooden doors and made our way through the main lobby. The inside had very precise and intricate designs, like something you would see in a painting by Leonardo Da Vinci or Michael Angelo.

Rio's whole demeanor changed in the rows and rows of books that we passed through, he became more relaxed here. The library consisted of three levels, you can either take the stairs or an elevator and I found out that each floor is labeled with genres that are related to each other. There was a brochure...

"The Bakersville Library is the top resource for literature in the whole state of North Carolina, it may not seem like a big title, but we are proud of it. Now, enough of these  boring books! Come, I want to show you my favorite floor!" Rio grabbed my hand and dragged me to the stairs.

"Can't we take the elevator?" I groaned, why the stairs? Stairs are only good when you can ride the railings on them!

"Nope, I'm pretty sure you will live to climb to the third floor." Rio took the steps two-at-a-time and I leisurely paced myself just to annoy him. However, he just leaned against the railing and waited for me to catch up. I have a feeling this guy is always calm and collected. I followed him at a regular place until we got to the floor that held 'Fiction, Non-fiction, and Historical Literature"

Yes! So happy!

"Awesome!" I ran over to the Fiction section, I've always loved Fiction more than any other genres of literature. "Okay, okay." I started sorting through the different books, "Vampires? Witches? Ghosts? Mermaids? Oh, here it is! Werewolves!" I did a happy dance and turned around to see Rio looking at me strangely.

"What? Is there something on my face? I don't think there is, but I've always wanted to say that to someone who was looking at me like I have two heads. However, having two heads is a guy thing, so... yeah, I should shut up now." I mumbled, my cheeks turned red from the realization of what I just said. Rio started laughing, and I became even more embarressed.

"No, I just- you took me by surprise is all." Rio started sorting through the other Werewolf stories, I watched him out of the corner of my eye as he frowned at the summaries and shook his head. I went around to the other side of the shelf so I could still see his facial expressions while remaining in my ninja-like coolness.

I peered at him through the shelf and just watched him like a stalker, I wonder why he keeps making those faces? Does he have a thing against Fiction? Oh, I'm probably just taking this whole thing out of proportion. I shrugged, bored of my inner-monologue.

"So, do you have something against Fiction stories? Or, are you trying to make yourself seem like the Joker on a bad day?" I asked through the shelves, he barely reacted to my sudden speech.

"I don't know, am I that handsome that you have to stare at me all day? Or, are you training to be a stalker?" Rio bended down a bit so he was leveled with me, because I was short and now we were both looking through the shelf.

"Neither, and touche." I narrowed my eyes playfully at him before walking around to his side of the shelf. "I don't feel like checking out any books, I need to find a place to stay."

"This is perfect!" I laughed, pouncing on the couch, "Oh, and there's a T.V., Score!" I fist pumped the air.

"Yeah, I found this apartment, because it's the only one left in the only apartment building here." Rio shrugged and plopped down on the sofa.

"Don't you dare put your feet on my coffee table!" I yelled, whacking him on the side of the head with one of my books. Yes, it has this trunk thing with books on it too.