I Need To Ask

Chapter 15:

Ahsoka POV:

I woke up with the sun shinning on my orange tan skin. I checked the clock, 8:30. Yesterday was amazing. I don't recall coming home though. All I can remember is drifting off to sleep in Anakin car. Mother took care of Ruby for me. Ruby! I get up and go to her room she's tossing and turning, she has learned to move a lot. I walk to her crib and instantly she turns to face me with her sparking blue eyes. Her arms rising in excitement. A smile tugging on her small lips. "You know your about to be a month old." she makes a sound as if she understood, I pick her up take her downstairs with me.

"How about we go out you and me?" I tell her, she looks at me but then goes back to touching my lekkus. One of her habit she had begun doing. I'll take that as a yes now let's feed you. I lay her down on the blanket on the floor and go get her milk. After I feed her I let her play on her own. She didn't last 10 minutes, she fell fast asleep once again. Adorable.

I guess I'll take a shower. After that I need to talk with my mother, I need to ask her for permission. Once I'm done with my shower I go downstairs to call her. Okay I'll just ask her to come shopping with Ruby and I, then I'll ask. Yes yes I'll do that. I call her and she answers on the first ring.

"Luña?", I smile to myself, "Is everything alright. I can come over right now. What's the problem. Are you o-" I roll my eyes and cut her off. "Mom! Please calm down. I'm fine everything is okay!" she sighs in relief, "Then why are you calling?" she ask suspiciously. "I'd..I'd like..to know of you would like to join Ruby and I today. We're going out." I manage to ask. My mother some how always figures put what my real intentions are so I'm surprised to hear the words she's about to say. "Okay I'll be there in 20." and with that she hangs up. I'm left with my mouth hanging open and eyes widen. I quickly snap out of it.

The door swings open right when I finished changing Ruby outfit. Perfect timing.

"Mother!" she turns and faces me with a smile on her face. She looks down to see Ruby in my arms. She quickly speed walks over to us and takes her out of my arms. "How's my favorite granddaughter." I chuckle at that. "She's your only one. Enjoy while she's young because that's going to be your only one."

She's quickly snaps her head back to look at me and I could have sworn I heard a crack. "Hush child! The future is still unpredictable. I want more grandkids and I shall have more," she pauses and thinks for a moment, "You know...Anak-" Once I hear the beginning of the name I know who she's going to say. "Mom! He's just a friend." She rolls her eyes. "A friend that cares and looks at you like its that last time he will be able to." I look down and my face heats up. "Uh huh, that's what I thought." Once I know my blush is gone I look back up and roll my eyes at my mother who is smirking.

"Let's go." I sigh and grab my keys on the way out the door. I hear my mother laugh and follow me with Ruby in her arms. I go to open the passenger door and my mother buckles Ruby in. I go to the driver seat and start the car. Once we're all in I quickly replace my mood with a happier one.

"So where to know?" I ask. My mom turns to face me, "You're asking me? You were the one who invited me." I smile and drive off. Once we arrive I turn to face my mother. "Let's go shopping!" she laughs, "Let's go shopping!"

We get off and enter the huge mall in front of us. I hope I have enough credits. I put Ruby in a cart and go look through the stores. I find one that catches my attention. "Mother I'm going to look around in the one." She turns and follow my gaze to the store and frowns. "Ahsoka, Ruby has plenty of clothes there in no need to buy more." I smile "Yes but they look really cute!" She turns and go's into the store. I follow behind her. We ended up buying many more outfits for Ruby and toys.