Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Anakin POV:

I drive and occasionally glance at Ahsoka. She seems deep in thought. That's the thing about her, she doesn't let anyone in. Beside Padme and Aayla, of course. Anyway, she has a barrier. She's selfless. She doesn't think about herself but of others. She doesn't give any hints of what she's thinking.

I decide to break the silence but she beats me to it. 

"So are you staying in Alderaan permanently or going back Tatooine?" I know this answer right away. I don't plan on going back to Tatooine. I hate it there for many reasons.

"I don't plan on going back," I answer. Never. She nods and we're quiet the rest of the drive. We arrive at the rendezvous point. I get out and then offer help to her.

She hesitates but accepts my hand. "Thank you," she says when she's out. 

"No problem."

"So I guess we just wait around for the others to show up," she says. We walk to where Obi-Wan and Rex's ship is going to land. "Yeah. Padme and Aayla should arrive shortly." She nods. There's a bench so I head over there and she follows. We sit.

"Thanks," I say. She looks at me and raises an eye mark. 

"For what?" Her blues eyes look into mine and I forget what I was going to say. I have the sudden urge to touch her face...

"Ahsoka! Anakin!" I'm frightened by their voices and I can tell Ahsoka is too.

Ahsoka looks over my shoulder and smiles. She quickly gets up and goes over to her friend. Padme is behind Aayla. They hug and Aayla whispers something to her, which Ahsoka nods her head. Padme hugs Ahsoka too and then looks at me. She raises an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask.

"You arrived earlier than I did," she responds. I laugh. "I think I always do."

Padme thinks for a moment before grinning. "No, remember that one-time mom and dad made us go to formal dinner?" I nod and then roll my eyes remembering that day. "And you arrived when the tables were being put up." It wasn't my fault. Obi-Wan and Rex held me up.

"So, how long until they arrive?" Aayla asks.

"Most likely in ten minutes," I answer. She nods.

I stand up and let them sit on the bench. They talk about random things and then I see their ship coming. It lands on the platform.

"They're here."

In a second it opens and then I see them walking down. My best friends.

They see us and come walking to us.

"Obi-Wan! Rex!" I hug them and they hug me back.

We break apart. "It's been too long," I say.

"Two weeks," Rex says with a shrug but I know he's glad to be back.

Rex glances behind me and grins. "And they are?" I look behind me and see Padme rolling her eyes, Aayla smiles, and Ahsoka...she looks uncertain. They're standing.

I go to Ahsoka's side. "This is Ahsoka." Ahsoka glances at me and I give her a small reassuring smile.

Obi-Wan steps forward. "Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Obi-Wan is fine." He extends his hand to her and she looks at it for a while, before reluctantly shaking his hand. "Ahsoka." He gives her a small smile and does too.

"I'm Rex," Rex introduces herself to her and she does the same.

Obi-Wan and Rex meet Aayla and then they reunite with Padme.

"It's been a while," Padme says. They haven't seen her in a while. 

"It has." Rex extends his hand and Padme raises an eyebrow. Rex laughs. "Come here." They hug and then she hugs Obi-Wan.

"So where are we going?" Obi-Wan asks. I'm about to say something but Padme beats me.

"I was thinking about the beach," I cringe at the word beach and Ahsoka raises one of her eye markings.

She comes closer and whispers to me, "Not a big fan of the beach?"

I look into her eyes and say, "No." She holds my gaze for a while until she looks down.

I see Obi-Wan looking at me and smiling a knowing smile.

"So the beach?" Padme asks.

"Yes."

"Sure."

"Why not?"

"No."

Rex laughs. "Afraid of sand?" I roll my eyes. "Let's just go."

"I'll take Aayla and Rex. Anakin will take Ahsoka and Obi-Wan," Padme says. I nod.

"Oh lucky me," Obi-Wan says. Ahsoka actually chuckles and I glare at her playfully. Obi-Wan smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

Ahsoka whispers something to Obi-Wan and he nods while smiling.

I raise an eyebrow when we're on the speeder to her, but she doesn't say anything.

So with that, I start driving to where we're meeting up.

---

☆ Thank you for reading 💓 I almost forgot to post! Hope you enjoyed and I'll post soon again! 😎

8.03.20

~ <3 ☆

EDITED