Old Friends

Chapter 16:

Ahsoka POV:

"Ahsoka?"

I stand there breathless. Cold. Fear. Hurt. Betrayal.

How? How? How is she back. How did she find me? Is she still working for them? Of course she is and I can't believe I used to call her my 'best friend'. I haven't seen her in about 10 or 11 months. I left my past behind me when I found out I was pregnant. I was determined to be the mother I need to be for Ruby. She needs me.

My thoughts are shortly interrupted by my mother voice.

"Barriss? Barriss?"

I look over to my mother who has an excited face on. I glance over at Barriss and see her smile. Fake smile.

"Please come sit Barriss. It's been a while." I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at her. 'No' my face says and she knows but instead she rolls her eyes and walks over to Barriss.

They shake hands and hug. I look at Barriss and she catches my gaze and smirks. What game are you playing Offee? They part and I sigh. "Please come sit darling."

'Darling?' Oh trust me she's no darling. She's the complete opposite more like worse.

I look at Barriss and I see her staring at something..or someone. I follow her gaze and it lands on Ruby. Ruby. No. She's my first priority. I look back at Barriss and she smirks. I'm done and with that I pick her up and grab my mother arm. "We're leaving mother. Now!" She doesn't resit but looks at Barriss with apoplectic eyes. She doesn't deserve any of that.

I see Hera watching the scene unfold. I grab some credits from my pocket and put it in front of her. I don't know how much I gave her but it should be enough. 'Sorry' I tell her, she understands and nods. I lead us to our car, strap Ruby in and when we're all on board I drive off.

I drive as fast as I can. I know my mother is angry at me but I don't care. She doesn't know Barriss as I do. I can't afford to loose them. Their the only family I have left. When I pull up in front of my house I sigh and bury my head on the steering wheel. I feel a hand on my shoulder it eased me for a while. I looked up to see my mother looking at me with al, different emotions. But only one stands out the most: Confusion.

Her face is asking me what's wrong. I can't blame her. I never told her the full story about Barriss. Hell I don't even think I told her anything. I trusted my mother yes but somethings need to be kept from her. To keep her safe. I feel bad but there's no other way. Barriss is not going to ruin my life once more. I left my past behind me and I am determined to keep it behind me. No one knows the full story beside I. Padme and Aayla know parts but not all. I trust them, I do and its not for their safety that I don't tell..it's me. I'm not ready to let go. I'm not ready to tell anyone the truth.

"Mother your living with me from now on." I hear her gasp but I don't care. I can't loose her..I can't. "Ahsoka Tano. I've had enough of this. Tell me what's wrong!" I rub my forehead. "Mother I can't. I just can't. It's..it's for your own good." She crosses her arms and glares at me. I know she's angry but I'm not risking it. "Just please mom." She doesn't stand down, she's testing my patience. "Mother listen to me. Barriss isn't the one you wanna mess with." Her eyes widen "Mess with? Ahsoka what's that supposed to mean?" I calm myself down before I answer. "It means listen to me when I say no. It means listen to me when I tell you that your living with me." She laughs, "And your the one giving demands now?" My breathing quickens. "Mom listen to me. Just do as I say." She rolls her eyes "Who are you to be telling me what to do! It should be me giving ord-" My teeth clench together before I interrupt her. "Because I'm trying to protect you damnit!" I practically yell at her. I can tell she's more than angry. She's furious with me. "Mother I am so so so sor-" before I can finish I hear a sound I haven't heard in a while. A cry. Ruby. I was so focused on my mother I forgot about her being in the backseat. I glance over at my mom who's face has soften at Ruby cry but not enough to not notice she's pissed. I sigh and get out of the car walking over to Ruby side. I open the door and unbuckle her. I pick her up and gently rock her to sleep.