61 | to start a war

Start from the beginning

If she concentrated long enough, she could still hear the sounds of laughter bouncing between the trees. The vibration of the voices, the broken dreams and hopes of something that was never meant to be.

The leaves crunch beneath her feet as her hand touches the trees, guiding her in the way. Despite being so late, it was clear enough for her to see. The interior of the woods was loud, you could hear everything that was around you. A magical place if you knew were to look.

    When she arrived at the clearing, a small sad smile appeared on her face. That would be the last time she was ever in that place, so despite the bad memories, she needed to let go, to stop holding on.

    Truth be told, she was not going to miss it. To become a new person was to let go of the past, it was a process many couldn't finish. It was hard, trying to save yourself.

    The crawling memories tried to knock her down as she arrived at the compound, but she stood her ground. The doors were open ajar, it looked like an abandoned building. What was once a place for strength, combat, honor, was now a place of shame, betrayal and bloodshed.

Rhena didn't feel anything when she entered those walls. Everything was the same, only the nature around it was gray and mistreated. It was quiet despite being at the center of woods, darker than other parts, heavier than before. She walked the same steps she had walked multiple times, it felt so long ago. It was curious how your life can change so suddenly in a matter of seconds.

There was no one there, as far as she could sense. The rooms and the halls were as empty as their promises, it had finally come back to haunt them. She walked the path to the place where she had been shattered, she could even walk there with her eyes closed because of the familiarity of the layout.

    When she arrived at the door, her world went quiet. She whispered to Juliette to give her strength as her hands layer on the doorknob. With one last deep breath, she entered the office with her head high.

Out of all the times she had been in that office, it was always impeccable. There was not a stain on sight, or even dust, it was always clean and organized. But now, it was like a millón hurricanes had bargained in and destroyed everything in their path. The office was upside down, the furniture had been cut up and the walls were covered in scratches. The once beautiful chandelier was now an old memory of polish diamonds. The only thing that seemed to remain were the painting handing about the desk.

    Right under the portraits, sat her aunt. She was leaning back in her chair, cigarette in hand as two empty bottles of alcohol were displayed in front of her. Her face was emotionless as she looked ahead, there was dried blood on her face and a look in her eyes that screamed anger. She had been patiently waiting for her.

    In the desk, next to the bottles, were two large daggers with fresh blood in them. Her stomach dropped, coming into the realization of what she had done. The whole room was a combination of blood, smoke and rotting. Her mind ran wild with all the possibilities of how they came to be.

    Rhena walked towards the desk slowly, but her aunt's eyes didn't follow her, they were centered in a frame in front of her. She stopped when she stood in front of the woman, analyzing her.

Morgana's face was bruised, one black eye, one side swallowed, probably because of the hits she gave her, dried blood all over her face and hair. She had always been clean and well maintained, but not today, it was a sign of defeat, one she hadn't experienced in a long time.