40 | angel on fire

| meliorism |
chapter forty

| meliorism |chapter forty

҉  ҉  ҉

    There were many things Rhena wanted to do, screaming was one of them.

    It took a supernatural force within herself to stop all those actions, she needed to remember why she was there. She pictured her family and her friends in her mind, and how her life was going to be once all of this was over. She took a deep breath and tried to give a smile.

    When she finished hugging Isaac, he looked down at her, smiling wide. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could say anything, a girl pushed him to the side and hugged Rhena, a little too tight. This made Isaac roll his eyes, but watched the interaction nonetheless.

    After a few seconds, the girl separated and smiled widely at her, holding her chin high "Hello, Rhena" she smirked, looking at her directly in the eyes.

    Rhena analyzed the girl's face, immediately recognizing her "Odeya" she greeted, biting the inside of her cheek as she remembered she was the girl who would appear to her sometimes, making her believe she was going crazy. At the sound of her name, Odeya grinned, the same devilish smile she had since they were little; always looking for trouble and smiling when it found her.

    Not wanting to spend much time in the interaction, she looked away. In the group, there were some familiar faces, but there some new ones. She smiled at them, but received just a few in return. It was a little intimating, to say the least, but she didn't fail to see that some were nice enough, especially the redhead who kept looking at her with a smile. Rhena knew they were not the only ones there, and the facility was the home of many more, she just didn't how how many.

Stepping out of the group, Rhena saw someone approach, and when she looked, she tried not run away.

    Morgana stood in front of her, smiling. She turned to face her, and her aunt reached out, taking her face into her hands, caressing. The two looked at each other in the eyes, green against brown, yet the same features adorning their face.

Her aunt analyzed her face, smiling lightly as she gave her a squeeze on her shoulders. The two didn't hug each other, she was never the hugger in the family, and it wasn't like Rhena was going to be the first one to do it.

"Let's get you inside, you can greet the others later, you must be tired" Morgana put away the strings of her hair behind her ear, exhaling lightly. Rhena didn't respond, she wasn't supposed to, she just swallowed and try to endure the pulsing from her head. There was one rule that was always implemented on her, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.