23 | when the party's over

| meliorism |
chapter twenty-three
❝ bad moon rising ❞

| meliorism |chapter twenty-three❝ bad moon rising ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

Something bad was coming, Rhena could feel it deep down in her gut. It was slowly tearing her and messing her up. She was worried that it was about her, but every time she had an episode it was out of nowhere, so it had to be something else.

As she massaged her neck, she walked among the students directly to her locker. Her neck was hurting, but she assumed it was because of an odd position she had slept on. She had woken up suffocating, she couldn't breath, like something was pressing hard against her face, preventing her from getting air.

Nonetheless, she had decided to go to school, this was part of her change, and she wanted to keep going.

She finally arrived at her locker and opened the lock with ease and quietly went over her books to match according to her schedule. She was so focused on her task that didn't sensed something next to her, giving her glances from time to time.

It wasn't until she heard her name being called that she blinked twice and looked over to her side, only to find her locker buddy. He smiled at her, and being polite, she smiled back, but looked back at her books.

"Rhena" he called out again, and she hummed in response "I just wanted to see how you were doing"

"Because of you wanting to establish a more strong friendship?" she raised her eyebrows, and he was taken back, but then he remembered the conversation they had. He chuckled lightly and looked down before looking back at her, nodding "I'm good" she nodded, taking out the last of her books and homework "you?"

"Good, thank you" he nodded, smiling lightly. He watched her close her locket, gripping the string of her bag tight "I'll see you later?"

Rhena didn't answer, she simply gave him a half smile and walked away. He watched her go, still with the questions in his mind. Stefan couldn't figure out what she was, or an explanation for what she could do. She had two sides, the protective and the doomer. She was able to help and calm him down at an extent, but also could defend herself and hurt him when things got out of hand.

As she turn to the corner, among the sea of students, she was still visible. There was a certain aura about her that caused people to stare and whisper, she was aware of the unwanted attention. It was more complicated than it should've been. But as Stefan looked in her direction, he was determine to figure out the enigma that was Rhena Bekker.