30 | crossfire

| meliorism |
chapter thirty
the house guest ❞

| meliorism |chapter thirty❝ the house guest ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    There was some beauty, in the way the course of life went. One day, you're feeling something, going though a moment and experiencing a feeling that hurts so much, it feels permanent. Yet, everything could change as fast as it came. One day you could be stuck, the next you could be flying.

    Rhena was alone, in the middle of the woods. The sounds around were silent and the world was steady. For the first time, she felt like flying, all because she was almost out of the hole she was trying to crawl out of.

    Training on her own was a little tiring, and complicated. But she needed to do it, she didn't want to rely on anyone, in case she needed to do it on her own. Eve though she enjoyed the time with her dad, she knew it wasn't going to last forever. As much as it hurt thinking about it, it was the truth, and painful truth was better than rotting lies.

    There was a time where she was afraid of who she was, she still felt that way, but at least, this time was a little less. There was a weight on her shoulders, knowing that she could do more, but did less. That was why she was out there training on her own, she needed to see how much more was capable of doing.

    As the raised her hand, the rocks in front of her rose from the ground. She took a deep breath and relaxed her muscles before making the rocks aim at her. Before they could touch her, her reflexes were faster and managed to make a shield of red energy, each rock exploding at the impact of it. She let out a breath and smiled proudly.

    Rhena took another deep breath and continued using her reflexes and physical strength, hoping that one day there would be useful. She was creating a new world of her own, a world on fire that was not going to burn down, not for anyone, not even for herself. One way to another, she would have to use them, her only hope was that it was for good, and not against someone she loved, or used to.

  ҉ 

The night was was quiet, and clear. There were no monsters lurking around, no shadows tiptoeing in the corners, not even the moon was giving them company, for it knew what was going to be her suffering. The night was quiet and steady, no sounds to be alarmed by, no dangers grasping into the safety of the houses.

Everything was relatively calm. Especially in the Bekker household, where everyone was sleeping soundly. Each of the kin in their beds, not worrying about a thing, except for one, who was beginning to feel something no one should ever feel. The night was at peace, that was, until a scream broke into the night, so loud and trembling, that seem like the end of the world was near.