02 | full of life

| meliorism |
chapter two
❝ the night of the comet ❞

                    | meliorism |chapter two❝ the night of the comet ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

  "Rhena, wake up, is time to go to school!" Indira said shaking her sister, trying to wake her up.

  "Can you give me like, five more minutes?" Rhena asked in a sleepy tone, turning to the other side.

  "No can do, Rhen" Cade said entering the room. Indira got out of the room knowing that he will get Rhena out of bed faster than anyone "You're the only one that is going to be late"

  Rhena growled and sat up, looking at her brother that was well dressed, not in his pajamas, like any other morning when he drop them off.

  "Why are you dressed up?" Rhena asked raising her eyebrow.

  "Jenna asked me to drop her off at the school because Jeremy has a parent conference" Cade told her calmly, crossing his arms against his chest.

  "But that still doesn't explain why are you dress all nicely, Jenna has seen you in pajamas before, even boxers" Rhena pointed out "and even—

  "Because" he cut her off "Indi has a parent conference today too, and we both know neither mom, dad or Ben are going to attend" Cade sighed, and layed in her bed, frustrated.

  She looked at him and squeezed his arm "I know is really not your responsibility, but thank you" Rhena told him giving him a smile.

"Yeah, well, someone has to take care of you troublemakers" he said standing up "and go change before we go without you" he threatened.

  "You wouldn't dare" Rhena said narrowing her eyes "And do I really have to—" she began complaining but Cade cut her off, again.

  "Yes" he answered pointing at her and left the room.

  ҉ 

  "I'm confused" Caroline said our loud to them. Rhena had joined Bonnie and Caroline after class when they saw each other in the hallway, she didn't make in in time because her siblings actually left without her. "Are you psychic or clairvoyant?" she asked, turning to see Bonnie

  "Technically, Grams says I'm a witch" Bonnie began explaining "my ancestors were these cool Salem witch chicks or something...Grams tried to explain it all but she was kinda looped on the liquor so I kinda tuned out" she said and Rhena chuckled "Crazy family, yes, witches? I don't think so"

  "Well, she could be right" Rhena said looking at the girls "you did predict some things before"

  "Yeah, but maybe it was just coincidence" Bonnie assured, looking at her with a smile.