Office Love

Hongjoong x Seonghwa

¦Angst, Fluff ¦

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hongjoong sighed for the uptinth time this past hour. He was signing papers for over two hours and he was becoming frustrated by each passing second.

He couldn't stand this. Even though he loved his job, he would do anything to exchange all this paper work. Even having to clean around. That was much more enjoyable.

He let his pen down, twirling his hand around, cracking a few times. He cringed at the sound of that, meaning that he should probably take a rest.

He stood from his chair, moving to the large window of his office. He gazed at the sky, taking his mind away from his work and responsibilities for a moment.

Being a ceo of a very successful music company had his ups and downs. Hongjoong inherited it from his father, and he was more than excited.

He was always by his father's side, learning everything he needed to take after his father. Hongjoong had developed a love for music after all this time spending close to his father. And that was mainly the reason why he was enjoying working there.

But he would prefer if he wasn't stuck on his chair, signing papers day and night.

But now things were a little more difficult for the young ceo. He was in need of an assistant. The previous one was working already for his father, and he was kinda old, so he was in the age of retirement.

When Hongjoong took the position, his father didn't let him change the assistant, wanting to have someone he trusted at his son's services. And the young boy didn't mind. But it was clear that the old man could not keep up with the work.

So Hongjoong was forced, at least for a short amount of time, to do both jobs. He didn't want to tire his assistant too much, since he would have to be in this position until someone replaced him.

Someone knocked on the door, the younger responding, and after some time his assistant came in with a files on his arms.

"This are the applications of the candidates for the position of the assistant" He said and placed the files on the desk.

Hongjoong sighed discreetly and moved towards his desk, not looking forwards to going through all this papers.

"Thank you Mr. Lee"

"Are you going to look these today?"

"Yeah. Besides, it would take some time to consider which one fits the job"

"Of course, of course. But are you planning on staying here? I'll be off soon and most of the employees have already left"

Hongjoong looked at his watch, seeing that it was late, no wonder most of the people left.

He looked at his assistant with a small smile, his heart warming by his worried tone.

"Maybe Mr. Lee. I don't know how long this would take, but I want to finish as soon as possible"

The assistant nodded and bowed.

"I hope you don't overwork yourself"

"I won't i promise" He bowed to the older and watched as he left the room, after of course he told him good night.

Hongjoong let out a breath he didn't realise was holding, and bend his head to look at the pile of folders on top of his desk.

This was going to be a long night.