An Interesting Proposal

Wooyoung x Hongjoong

Mermaid x human AU

¦Fluff¦

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It was late at night. Hongjoong was sitting on the pier, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.

He had taken his shoes off and lifted his pants, dipping his legs in the cold water.

The moon above him illuminated everything with his silver glow, the starts twinkling every now and then. There was a gentle breeze, bringing the smell of sea and the sand.

Hongjoong closed his eyes, letting his senses pick up everything that was happening around him. He could feel the air gently caressing his face and make a mess out of his air, he could smell the sea, the fishy odor was pleasant on his nostrils. He could feel the hard wood of the pier under his fingertips, the small grains of the sand leaving a weird but welcoming texture on his hand. He could hear the seagulls, the waves, small or big splashes against the shore, creating their white foam before retracting back inside, something splashing in the water a little close to him... Something splashing close to him?

He opened his eyes quickly, his gaze falling on the sea. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but for good measure he took his feet out. As much as he loved the sea, he had the same level of respect and fear. He didn't want for whatever was in the water, and judging from the splash it was quite big, to bite his foot, or worse pull him in the black waters.

He brought his legs under him, kneeling and observing the sea, in case there was another splash. And soon enough he saw it.

The back of a tail went out the water, and it was quite big. Hongjoong would have guessed that this was either a dolphin or a really big fish.

He tried to trail the creature with his eyes, but it was almost impossible. The only indication to where it was, it was the small ripples and circles the water was making.

Suddenly, while he was looking at the last ripple, he felt something being throw in his face. He let out a yelp and fell backwards, touching his face and trying to pull away what was thrown on him.

He took steps back and opened his eyes, looking around. He heard something from underneath him and lowered his gaze to the pier.

To his surprise he saw a fish, alive, moving and writhing on the wood. And it was a really pretty fish too. It had a pretty phosphorescent purple color, its tail big, with an intricate design. Without wasting time Hongjoong moved and took it in his hold, lowering it again back in the water, watching as it swam away.

He sighed and sat back down, his hand over his heart. That gave him quite the fright.

But what was this? Did the fish jump out the water and landed on him? Did someone throw at him?

As if someone had heard his thoughts, he heard the water splashing again, seeing the same tail as before. It started doing circles until he stopped and swam away like the fish.

Hongjoong stood there perplexed for a moment, trying to wrap his head around what had happened. Eventually he shook his head, blaming his sleepless self.

'I really need to catch up on my sleep. I'm started to see and think weird things' He thought and with a last chuckle he stood up and walked to his house, which was not too far.

He was of course unaware of the figure that was observing him from inside the water.

~~~~

For some reason, this happened every night. While Hongjoong was sitting quietly on the pier, at some point he could feel something thrown on his face and it was every time a fish.