Chapter 55: Rivals

Start from the beginning

I looked towards the makeup area, I saw Jungwoo-hyung and Lucas talking. Lucas looked down at his phone and then said a few words to Jungwoo-hyung before he jogged out of the studio. Lucas had a worried look on his face.

Wasn't he going to wait for Jungwoo-hyung to hangout?

"Johnny, we understand but we can't let you go," I turn to my right and saw Johnny trying to walk past one of our managers.

"I need to make sure she's okay," Johnny said as I walked closer to them.

"What's wrong?" I asked and Johnny looked at me.

"Jen was brought to the hospital," Johnny said and I stared at him blankly.

"What?" I said and our manager looked at me.

Is that why Lucas left?

"I understand that both of you would want to check on her. But we can't afford anymore delay. We've delayed our schedule for you to be there for your sister long enough. You have a job to do," our manager spoke and I could feel how frustrated Johnny was.

"I'm leaving right after," Johnny said as he walked away and went towards a couch. He sat down and then Jaehyun-hyung approached him.

I walked towards the vanity table to get my phone. There were several text messages from Betty.

Sent at 10:41 am

betty🤪: hey mark! min jee hasn't seen or read the articles, she doesn't really use her phone much. i didn't tell her about it. we both know how that will turn out if she did.

Sent at 11:49 am

betty🤪: min jee collapsed and i called for help, but i'm so scared. i thought i should let you know.

Sent at 12:09 pm

betty🤪: we're at the hospital and she's still unconscious. i'm waiting for the doctor to tell me what's going on. i'll keep you updated.

I quickly text her back.

Present - 12:13 pm

Me: thank you for the updates! johnny and i are stuck with filming a music video. but we'll do our best to be there soon.

If Betty texted Lucas as well, then there's no doubt he went to the hospital. I really hope Min Jee is all right. Whenever I hear the words Min Jee and hospital together, I get so anxious and nervous. What happened? Did she read something and it stressed her out too much? How was her head? Did she land on it when she fell?

Please, be okay. She has to be okay. I can't take another terrible thing happening to her.

Jenny's POV - 2:12 pm

"I'm fine," I said as I tried to sit up by myself. Both Lucas and Betty held their hands up about to assist me, but I waved them off.

"Jen, you hit your head when you fell," Betty said in a sad tone, "the doctor said they're going to keep you overnight for observation. Are you sure you do not feel anything?" I glance at the two as I adjusted myself on the hospital. I had an IV stuck on my right hand.

"I'm good," I forced a smile. I was getting irritated by the second. I hate being babied. But for some reason I was more irritable. Is this the affect of my current head injury? Or is it because I hit my head again?

"How exactly did you fall?" Lucas asked and I took in a deep breath before answering.

Be kind, Min Jee. Don't go off.