Chapter 40

The man in the hoodie appeared behind Caroline and grabs her arm.

"Carol!" Oscar ran to them and tried to grab her back but he was kicked to the nearby wall by him.

The people inside the ceremony hall screamed in panic, and one after one ran outside.

"Carol!!" Caroline's parents got up from their sits and went to where Caroline and the hood man is. However, Caroline shouted loudly.

"Don't!! You'll get hurt!!"

"Are you stupid?!! We need to save you!" Alistair withdraw his sword from its sheath and charged at the man who has his daughter in his hands.

The hood man casually dodged and kick Alistair away. Her mother ran to her father and check if he's okay. The crying and begging of her mother made Caroline's sight teary and blurry.

She bit her lips hardly and kick the hood man in his weakness point (ya'll know where it is). The hood man groaned in pain and gently held his baby boy inside his hands.

Caroline helped her father and mother get up and run to the entrance. She pushed them out and closed the door.

"I'm sorry, but your daughter has some business with this man." After that, Caroline shut the door behind her even with her parents' shout, Caroline walked towards the man with her father's sword inside her hand.

"Caroline, why didn't you escape?! This is dangerous!" Oscar grabbed her shoulders with a face mixed of emotions.

Anger, confusion, worries filled his eyes.

"Oscar, I'm not going to leave my matter for let other deal with it. I'm not going to die, so trust me." Caroline placed her hand on his arm and slowly his hand away from her shoulder.

Before the man could even properly get up, Caroline and Oscar already charged to him. He jumped from the spot and landed on the throne.

"Tch, stupid little girl. Why don't you act like a good girl and let me capture you?"

As soon as the last word left his mouth, Caroline flew towards him and kicked him in his stomach. He fell off the throne but Caroline didn't give any mercy.

She continued to beat him up and held him in his collar. Atlas who was ignored the whole time by everyone, secretly bite his lips.

[Jesus...I know she's weak...but her pace is on another level...]

Atlas swore to never messed with Caroline whenever she had sword inside her.

Caroline pinned him on floor and held her sword up high, ready to stab him but Lisa's shouting made her action stopped in one place.

"Wait!! Caroline, don't kill him." Lisa ran fast forward and push Caroline off the hood man.

"Lisa, what the hell?" Caroline fell on her butt and stood up with shaky legs.

"Neon yellow underwear girl!!! Why the hell did you push him away?" Boiled with anger, Atlas jumped off the terrace and flicked her forehead hard.

Lisa, upon hearing this, blushed red red to her neck. She slapped him without letting him to react. Atlas covered his left red cheek and cursed.

"What the fuck?! I don't know your name so how do I call you?!!"

"Do you know how to address a girl? It's lady! And Caroline will die if she stabbed him earlier!"

Caroline widen her eyes in surprise, she frowned and went back to the hood man but only find an empty spot. Caroline cursed out loud when the hood man appeared behind her.