Chapter 24: We meet again

I laughed at Atlas for his dumb joke because no one else seem to enjoyed it. Well, I am one of those people who enjoyed dumb jokes.

"Hey!! Why is she the only one who laugh!?" Atlas stood up and point his long finger at my face.

"Because it wasn't even funny." Reymour answered with a deadpanned face.

"Sorry, Atlas...but I didn't understand that..." Oscar laughed to avoid being pressured.

"Silly, because I am the only holy creature who understand those dumb jokes." I smile smugly, making Atlas cup his fist.

"Dumb jokes?!! Really?!"

"Yeah" The three of us nodded while Atlas fell onto the ground, rolling left to right on the green grass.

Atlas quickly got up and rudely pointed his finger at Reymour and ask him in a loud voice.

"And who the hell are you?!"

"Didn't I introduce myself earlier? My name is Reymour Sire, Caroline's cousin. You need to upgrade your poor brain, sir."

Reymour raised his eyebrow, as it was clear that he was annoyed by Atlas. Atlas, who wasn't going to give up, now began an argument with Reymour. I didn't bother to stop them because this is fun.

"Huh?!!!! Your taste in girl is those little girl?!! Gross!!!" Atlas snapped and keep shouting at Reymour.

"And your taste is older woman?!!! What are you?! A young heartbroken man who wanted the comfort of those big breast woman?!!"

As they were in heat with their arguments, I was grabbed in hand by Oscar as we escape to somewhere else. He brought me to an empty garden, filled with grass and trees only.

"This...?"

"This is where we used to play when we were younger, don't you remember? You and Atlas liked to play tag here while I sat under the tree, waiting for you guys."

Oscar led me to the usual spot he usually sat while watching Atlas and I played.

"When we get married, we can watch our children from here." Oscar smiled at him gently while I was lost in his smile and my own thoughts.

To be honest, we're engaged yet I can't find any romance feelings for him. As someone who came from a modern world, I really wanted a relationship filled with love.

I wanted to be love

I wanted to be kiss

I wanted to be hug by someone...

Those were enough for me...even if I can't give birth, I wanted to live with someone I really love peacefully. But, this is an arranged marriage and I like Oscar in a brother way.

"I want both of us to get marry once we became an adult..."

This early...? Next year...? That's too fast...but what about Thanatos...?

I frowned while staring at the horizon. The name which I never once...thought about. I thought I have forgotten about it but when Oscar said "marriage" his name popped up.

He hurt me from before, but it's not what I hate. I hate it when he won't return for me when I was in a critical situation. Just apologize by sending gifts isn't enough, does he really think I would forgive him that easy?

Why were you when I need you?

Why were you when I wanted to cry?

In the end, you never fulfilled your promise.

"Forgive me, your highness but I would like to return home now. I don't feel good..."

"You don't feel well? Let's call the doctor!"

"No...I'm fine. If you excuse me..."

I immediately left as soon as I excused myself. I was lost inside my own thoughts again and didn't even realize where my feet take me.

The figure stood in that garden, back facing me, was staring at the tree I once fall from. I walked closer but still maintain a good distance between us.

The breeze of the wind make my hair flutter, that person then threw the paper airplane to the sky, watching it fade to the sky. I silently stared at his back as the airplane flew back and it came toward me.

I caught it, and that person turned around.

"Never actually knew that it would actually chose you...the wind is rising again, Caroline."

He walked closer and the gap between us is now less.

"The wind is rising, we must try to live. Isn't that what you always told me...?"

That quote was nothing else from Paul Valèry' and ghibli movie, The wind rises. I would always cheered him up with that quoted that whenever he was down, or scolded by the emperor.

"En...we must tried our best to live...even if the person you loved is gone..."

For a moment, it felt nothing than dream, until his cold hand touched my face.

"I'm glad that we meet again, Carol."

K: I didn't cry when I watched it, but I have depression the entire week.