Lift Off!

I feel Adora's hand slowly ruffling into my hair, and I bump my head against her palm while a rumble erupts from my throat. "Mrrp?"

Adora gasps, "That was so cute! Do it again. Please, please do it again."

"Pfft, what are you talking about," I say, yawning and stretching out. "Do what?"

Adora frowns and starts making weird noises. "Prup? Prapp?"

"Hah! You loon, what's gotten into you?"

"You made this really cute noise! I swear!"

"If you say so," I say, crawling on top of her, then touching my nose to hers.. "Hey, Adora."

"Hey Catra," Adora says, blushing lightly. She leans up and kisses me. "What time is it? We need to get ready."

"You're not going anywhere," I say, smirking. "Not until I've had breakfast."

"Breakfast?" Adora asks, frowning. "But we don't have any... Oh," she pauses, then bites her lower lip. "I don't think we have time," she says, reaching for her communicator.

"We'll make time," I growl, batting her hand away with my tail.

--

Some time later, after I've had my fill, we hurry down the west hall.

"Glimmer is gonna kill me," Adora mumbles.

"But it was totally worth it," I say, smirking.

Adora peers at me sideways and blushes. "Yeah. It was."

"Haha-"

My laughter catches in my throat when we walk out of the exit, into the west courtyard. "Wow!" I exclaim, shielding the sun from my eyes and peering up at the giant silver and purple spaceship.

It's hard to recognise the vessel at all, but I'm fairly sure I can see the original parts of Darla higher up, and it's like the entire old ship is basically just the bridge of the new one. The chassis is completely re-built, with silver plating reaching from the tip of the nose near the palace stairs, to the tail of the ship at the other end of the courtyard.

"She's huge," Adora says, taking my hand, and running down the stairs.

"Understatement," I say, as we jog into the shade beneath the gigantic hull. "She's at least four times bigger."

"Oh, there you are!" Glimmer says, waving from the bottom of Darla's ramp. "Finally!"

"Sorry we're late," Adora says, fumbling her hand in the back of her hair. "We were uh..."

Here we go , I think, rolling my eyes. But Adora actually keeps quiet for once, and I raise an eyebrow, wondering what's gotten into her.

Glimmer folds her arms, and frowns. "Cat got your tongue?"

I watch while Adora appears to physically restrain herself from retorting, before deciding to put her out of her misery.

"She got the cat's tongue, actually," I say, twitching my tail, "and I'd say she quite enjoyed it, too."

Glimmer raises an eyebrow, and then bursts into laughter, pointing at Adora's neck. "I can see that!"

"What?!" Adora exclaims, patting her neck, then leaning back and peering into the reflective surface of Darla's shiny exterior. "Catra!"

Payback , I think, watching Adora get flustered. "You weren't complaining at the time, Adora," I say, yawning. "In fact I'm pretty sure you were asking for more."