Friendship and Flirting

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Who's they?" I ask, arching an eyebrow. Adora catches me staring, grins widely and winks before lowering the chunk of metal in place. She rotates the beam in one direction, until it clicks loudly.

"Her and Perfuma, silly," Glimmer says, bumping past me with a few cables in her hand, then passing them to Entrapta. "Are these the ones?"

"Perfect!" she says, grabbing them and slapping her visor back down."Oh, and thanks!"

"Well, the more the merrier, I guess," I say, staring as Adora flicks her long, golden ponytail over her shoulder, then tightens up the other giant poles, her biceps straining at the effort.

"Seems we found her," Melog says, appearing by my side, then peering up at me. "I am sensing that you wish to mate again."

"Don't start," I mutter, feeling my cheeks redden.

"Are you okay?" Glimmer asks, waving a hand in front of me. She follows my gaze, then shakes her head, chuckling. "Is someone getting a little distracted?"

"I'm... Yeah. Uh, when are we going?" I ask, twitching the end of my tail. Adora wipes the back of her palm against her forehead, looks directly at me, and smirks. "Into space I mean," I say, my heart racing.

"The work on Darla is well ahead of schedule," Hordack says, opening the lid on his crate. He pauses to look up at me, his green glowing eyes causing the fur on my tail to rise. "It should be completed by tomorrow, thanks to the help from my brothers."

"Oh yes," Entrapta says, her voice muffled behind her mask. "Between them and Dumpling, our pace has almost tripled!"

"Hah! So the name stuck? "Where is he, anyway?"

"Usually in the kitchen," Glimmer says, before turning around and walking over to the mountains of crates. "He practically lives there now!"

Hordak takes a screwdriver from the box, and stands up. "Dumpling has acquired quite a fondness over baked goods," he says, starting to tighten one of the panels on the computer. His lips almost form a smile. "Perhaps one day he will defeat all the other chefs on etheria, and reign supreme as the master chef!"

"Wow, never thought I'd see you two having a semi-normal conversation," Adora says. She's standing right behind me , I think, my heart pounding with excitement. I can feel the heat radiating from her, and smell her scent all around, probably from sweat.

I turn around to face her, forcing myself to breathe normally. "Hey, Adora."

"Hey baby," Adora says, grinning from ear to ear.

"Baby? Pfft," I say, scrunching up my nose, laughing, "since when?"

"I don't know," Adora says, shrugging. "It just slipped out."

"Aww, is someone a little love drunk from earlier?" I purr, standing on my toes and lifting a finger beneath her chin. The next thing I know I'm hoisted up from beneath my thighs until I'm staring straight into Adora's beautiful blue eyes.

"I think I might be," she whispers. Her forehead is beaded with sweat, loose strands of golden hair are stuck to her skin, and I can't take my eyes off of her.

"Hmm. Is that so?" I ask, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, feeling my heart throb, barely even noticing that she's carrying me to a quiet corner of the room

She holds my back against a wall, and presses her nose against mine. "Yes. I've been thinking about you all day."

I glance down at her lips, purring. "Have you, now."

"Can you stop playing it cool for one second?" Adora asks, pouting. "I've really missed you!"

"Fine," I say, leaning forwards, cupping the back of her head in my hands, and kissing her hungrily. I missed you too , I think, parting my lips, seeking her tongue, and groaning at the contact. "Better?" I ask, pausing only to catch my breath.