Happy for you [Error and Nightmare]

Start from the beginning

"Hey, it's alright." Nightmare seeing his struggle patted his shoulder. "You can tell me anything remember?"

"..." Ok, it's now or never. It was only fair to let him know, nothing else. "I think that I l-love you Nightmare." Error looked down still feeling a hand on his shoulder. "Like, I mean not like a friend. More than that. I know you're with Cross of course, but that's how I feel. But wait! I don't mean to destroy it. And I of course don't think that you would l-love me back. But, I just- the think is, I don't want to be with you. I'm perfectly happy with you being happy. I just kinda like the thought I guess? I mean, I really do like you and I know I shouldn't, b-but I like imagining us in a relationship, but-" Error took a breath from talking so fast still looking down. "But I don't want to be in one. Really. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's how I feel heh." He laughed awkwardly suddenly feeling like he shouldn't have said that.

What was he thinking. He didn't understand himself, so why would Nightmare? And he still was silent. Maybe he was mad or disappointed or something? Error wasn't sure he wanted to know and just kept on staring at the bed under him.

"Error...I didn't know you felt that way, I'm sorry." Nightmare said gently not sounding angry, but rather concerned.

Error looked up and saw the soft look on his friend's face.

"No no, it's really okay, as I said I don't really want to be in a relationship with you..."

"I know, but really? Or are you just saying that because you know that I already love Cross? Please tell me Error. I-I don't love you back like that, sorry, but you can tell me, really. So then we could make it somehow easier for you." Nightmare encouraged gently.

Truthfully, he wasn't expecting that and he knew Error wouldn't joke about something like that. He heard him saying that he didn't want to be in a relationship and liked just liking him, but was this really okay? He might not love Error romantically, but he does care about him, a lot. And Nightmare wouldn't like to discourage him from falling in love. He was through enough and deserved someone who would treat him right and love him. Apparently though, it wasn't what Error wanted.

"No, I'm serious." Error looked him straight in the eyes. "I don't know why I feel that way, but I'm sure of it. I watched you two for a year now and didn't feel a tad jealous. I'm just...happy that you're happy. And yet, I still like imagining us as a couple. I know it's weird and I really don't know how to explain it, but that's how I feel. I just thought that it would be fair to tell since it involves you..."

"Oh, I'm glad you told me then. I'm not sure what that is either, but I swear you're not weird. You could have told me earlier you know? But...I'm glad you did it." Nightmare said with a somewhat relieved smile. He still wasn't sure what to think about it, but it seemed like Error just wanted to take it off his shoulders.

"So you don't mind me imagining us kiss and hug and stuff?" Error asked reluctantly.

"What? No. That's the least I can do. If you enjoy it, then I guess it's alright." Nightmare assured. "Just, you're sure you're okay like that? And with me and Cross being lovey-dovey around you?"

"Not at all! I like watching you two being happy, really, especially you." Error blushed a little and felt a smile forming on his face.

Nightmare smiled at that as well. It seemed like Error was telling the truth. It was new to him, but if it's really okay with Error then it's alright with him as well.

"Ok then. However, if it ever bothers you please let me know. We will figure out something together okay?" Nightmare smiled at the other.

Error felt his face getting warm. That smile was what he felt in love with and all he really needed.

"Sure Nightmare, but I'm pretty sure it won't be needed. Thanks for listening though. And um...We're still friends, right?" Error asked unsure.

"Pff" Nightmare chuckled a little. "Sure we are you big dork. Come here." Nightmare brought him into a tight hug.

Error was a little surprised, but gladly returned the embrace and hid his face in Nightmare's chest.

They stayed like this for a while when finally Error said.

"Ok, that's-that's all I wanted to say, I guess I will head back to my room now."

"Only if you want to, just remeber to tell me if something's wrong." Nightmare reminded, releasing him from the hug.

"Sure, thanks once again. I will head out now." Error smiled and opened the door of the room. He once more looked at Nightmare, who was still sitting on the bed. Finally he took a step out of his room and suddenly, almost bumped into Cross.

"Hi Error, what are you doing?" Cross asked regaining his balance.

"Nothing much, I was just talking with Nightmare. We finished thought, so if you're heading there I'm sure he would appreciate the presence of his boyfriend." Error grinned at him.

"Pff, yeah yeah. I'm going there." Cross laughed. "Soo, if you don't mind I will go now."

Error just nodded and started walking to his room, glancing at Cross who entered Nightmare's. He smiled genuinely and walked back. As long as Nightmare was happy, he was too. That was what many people told hemselves if they didn't manage to end up with their crush and are actually sad about it, but he was happy. Literally.